1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brake rotors

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by SLAMllc, Feb 14, 2008.

1. SLAMllc

SLAMllc Junior Member
    from CT

I have a 2002 GMC 3500 cab and chassis 4x4 that need all four rotors and pads. I am wondering if changing these is the same as changing them on any other truck. I have changed rotors and pads on my 1500's many times. Is there anything different on the 3500 4x4 other than the dual wheels in the back and the wheel spacers in the front? Any special tools needed? It has to be an outside job due to the fact that the truck doesn't fit in my garages which is why I am asking in advance of taking it apart and freezing outside. Any info would be great.
  2. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 Member

Make sure that you have the right spindle nut to get the rotor off. And a big forced air heater! That will make a world of a difference. I just did my F250 outside too. Good luck
  3. SLAMllc

SLAMllc Junior Member
    from CT

That is what I am looking for. What exactly do I need to get this done. I need a spindle nut removal socket to get the rotor off. anything else? Like I said, I have never done a 2500 or 3500 before. I got a price to have them done for like 1500 bucks which seems crazy.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2008