1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brake Pull

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowman79, Feb 8, 2009.

1. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

I recently did a brake job on our 2003 F-250 PSD. Replaced rotors and pads. Now it pulls to the right when braking hard. The rim has a lot of brake dust on it also. I replaced all the brakes on our 05 F-250 PSD and it brakes great and doesn't pull or anything. I cant figure out what it might be. Would a stuck guide/slide pin cause this to happen?
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

what kind brake pad brand you put on this?

Is slide pin are not sticky or stuck in calpiar bracket?
  3. josh9410

josh9410 Member

sounds like you have a sticky caliper, clean the slides and the caliper bolts, if that doesnt work then you will have to replace the caliper
  4. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

well when i took off the caliper bracket to remove the rotors i pulled the slide pins out and noticed that one of them didn't slide back and forth very well. But it never pulled when it was like that. So i cleaned em off and slide pin grease on em and then reinstalled everything. Now i have brake pull. Why would i have to replace the caliper?
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Might think about pulling apart again and see if something is trapped behind the rotor. Like rust ridge from the old rotor. You have no brake pedal pump when braking? If it has a lot of miles on it the pins may need replaced.
  6. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Caliper most likely has rust on piston and needs to be replaced
  7. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

well ill have to take a look at it again..i wont get a chance to tear it down again till tuesday probably. I hope the calliper doesn't need to be replaced.... The guidepins might because one them i remember was a little weird looking on the end...didn't have a rubber end like the other one did....
  8. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

This happend to me and I just had to wire wheel the rust of the slide pin and put alot of grease on it works fine now.