1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brake problems

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Bossman 92, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I now have no brakes on my 00 F350 Yesterday morning I got in to hook up the plow and the peddle sank to the floor. I drove it some and checked the fluid level and it hasn't moved. I can't find any leaks either......

Does that sound like the master cylinder or the brake booster??

Thanks Bossman
  2. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

either a broken brake line, but the fluid level would move or

check power steering fluid, the trucks have hydroboost and use hydraulic pressure from the PS pump to power the brakes

the lines run from the PS pump up to the master cylinder area, and often rub on the driver side shock tower/mount and will leak or burst over time
  3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like the master is bypassing. If Hydro boost was not working the pedal should be like steping on a brick!
  4. redplowman

redplowman Member

I'd bet on the Master Cylinder ...
  5. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks guys... it was the master, and I didn't know they were that easy to change out.

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I bench bleed the master first and most times I dont even need to bleed the car.
    Ur welcome.:salute:
  7. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Our '02 S.R.W. F-350 runs vacuum assisted brakes. Chevys run hydroboost.
  8. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I have no idea on the gas engine trucks as I don't work on gas engines, but all the SD F series Ford diesels have hydroboost. All of the big three are running hydroboost on diesels now. The Ford OBS trucks (92-97) diesels had vacuum assist, same with 1st generation Dodge/Cummins.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2008