1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brake Problems

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by cet, Dec 27, 2004.

1. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Sometimes my front brakes do not want to work. They will pulse like the ABS is on, but it doesn't matter how hard I push the petal the truck won't slow down. Under normal driving when I go to brake everything works fine until the truck is almost stopped and then it is like the ABS is trying to go on and the truck won't stop again. If I release the petal and push it again it almost always works fine but sometimes I have to do this a few times to get it to work. I had it to the mechanic but he can't find anything wrong. This seemed to happen right after I had my Timbrens installed and they had to weld the plate on. It is a 2000, 3500 CD

Any Thoughts, Thanks.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

On the drivers side where the timbren would be installed is the place to start looking.

Above that on the other side under the hood is the ABS computer. If they welded plates (for whatever reason) I would bet the heat rose and damaged that computer.

Get to a dealer or a GREAT garage as they would have the tools to test and tell you for sure.

Is a expensive fix maybe before you go look real close at all the hoses surrounding the brake booster and make sure no vac lines were melted.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I will see if I can get the truck inside the shop tomorrow and have a look.