1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brake noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by William B., Oct 27, 2006.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Looking for some help on this one. Its got me kinda scratchin my head. Lately Ive heard a noise comin from the back of my truck, mostly at lower speeds like comin up to a stop sign or something along those lines. The reason I think that its from the brakes is because it stops when the brakes are applied. The thing that has got me on it is that the noise doesnt sound like your normal pards are getting thin noise. To me it sounds like rubber getting squished. Just doing a quick visual everything seems normal. I dont know if its becuase its been raining here latetly and Im just hearing stuff or what. Im just lost on this one.

Will

2. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

don't know what kind of truck your talking about for sure but you might want to check out the suspension the leaf springs sometimes have little rubber pads between them and might be worn or missing . worth a look