1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brake line Size

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 86burban, Dec 8, 2003.

1. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

I just noticed that my rear brake line is leaking on my F250. What size is it and does it have one or two lines going to the rear? I need this truck to put my plow on. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

2. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

Its just before the rear axle along the frame. Its not on the axle.

Tony

3. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I think it is 3/16". For safety reasons DO NOT USE A COMPRESSION FITTING!!! Take the time to flare the line or better yet replace the entire line!

4. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

Id never use old with new. Ive done brake lines before and tried the compression fitting, only for it to blow out on the first hard stop. I only need to know so that I dont get the wrong one like I do every other time. I ask the "professionals" at the auto parts store and they always are wrong. I figured that I would ask the real experts here first.

Thanks,

Tony

5. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member