1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brake line routing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 1977/85scottspecial, Nov 6, 2003.

1. 1977/85scottspecial

1977/85scottspecial Member
    from Indiana

Hi, I made this up a little while ago and was just wondering if it will work. I have rear discs so thats why it has some flexline on the outer part in the rear. I know there is probably an easier way but I just wanted to do something a little different since I am redoing the whole truck. Thanks, Alex

brakes-3.jpg

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I would run the 1/4" into the tee and come off that with the 3/16. As drawn there is no benefit to running the larger line to the rear and then choking it down before you split it to each side. Use a 1/4" tee and reduce for each side line. It may be possible to get a tee with one side 1/4 and the other two 3/16.

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Alan's right.

I'd also add in an adjustable rear proportioning valve so you can "fine tune" the rear disks.

4. 1977/85scottspecial

from Indiana

Thanks guys, Would something like this work?

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Yep,that's exactly what you want.

6. 1977/85scottspecial

from Indiana

So that would splice into the 1/4" line before it got to the flex line going to the rear end right?

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

Yes.

You can put it in the cab,where you can tinker with it,or under the hood,and leave it alone once it's set up.

8. 1977/85scottspecial

from Indiana

That was my next question. I was thinking about putting it in the cab for adjustments. Thanks wyldman.