1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

brake light/cruise switch activator bracket

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by intlhud, Dec 26, 2001.

1. intlhud

intlhud Junior Member

Does anyone have a picture or description of how to re-install the bracket that activates the brake light and cruise control switches on the steering column of my '87 GMC? I am putting the steering column into an antique truck, and have it installed and connected, but cannot figure out how the small bracket goes back on. I'm wondering if there is another part that I've misplaced. It seems obvious until I get myself on the floor beneath the dash, and hold it in place, but the switch contact arm faces the wrong way. If someone could point me in the right direction where I might find a schematic or diagram showing the proper mounting, I'd sure appreciate it.
  2. chevroletwizard

chevroletwizard Junior Member
    from indiana

hey this is always a good idea, if you just need a look at something, if you see one sitting on a car lot stop in and look at it i am sure they wont mind, or if people are friendly in your neck of the woods asks someone driving one when u see them in a parking lot, it wont matter if it is 2 or 4 wheel drive it should be the same