1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

brake issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chevys850, Feb 28, 2003.

1. chevys850

chevys850 Junior Member
    from fl

ok, i got an 84 k10, put on a set of reman calipers yesterday on the font, all went fine. got them bled , and everything looked cool, bledthe rear as well. the problem is that im getting a sream of brake fluid shooting straight up from the master cylinder resivoir in both sections of the resivoir, the harder you push on the brakes the messier it gets. now im pretty sure this isnt normal. has anyone ever seen this before? brakes are very soft still, so im thinkin i need to rebleed them. am i right? thanks for any sugestions.
  2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Thats normal dude, put the cover on while bleeding them. Only open when you stop to check the fluid level.
  3. chevys850

chevys850 Junior Member
    from fl

ok, got ya, thnaks.
  4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Since you are in Florida, you can also wash all that splattered brake fluid off painted surfaces before the paint comes off with it!

Just a little tip for you. :)

Since no one else said it, welcome to PlowSite :waving:

5. chevys850

chevys850 Junior Member
    from fl

thank you chuck, great forum this is.