1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brake Controller- 02 Chevy 3/4 ton

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by turbo5560, Jun 22, 2008.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

long story short.... brake controller has always worked perfectly. Pulled a trialer that was wired all funny and now i need to slide the button on the brake controller in order to get the trailer brakes to work. I'm assuming this is just a blown fuse. What do i need to do to fix it and where?
    thanks in advance!
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

more than likely the trailer had a problem in the brake wiring and it burned out the brake pedal operated side . replace the controler if your brake light's on the truck are ok .check the plug on your truck for condition ,trailer plug ,and wiring to the magnet's .ussmileyflag
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you have brake lights? if not change the fuse.
  4. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

brake lights on truck work, and i'm 95% sure brake lights on this trailer i was pulling were working too...
  5. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

if the slide side of the brake control works, thn the problem is the brake signal when you hit the pedal is not coming the electric brake controller.

first I would check on the wire with a test light to see if there is a signal before the controller. simple hit pedal check wire. think blue wire is signal into controller. but I could be wrong on that, instructions will say.

if it does have a signal on the wire. then the controller is bad.
    if it doesn't have a signal then I would move back to the plug under the dash, assuming you are using that pigtail on the controller that plugs right to the spot under the dash, check there if has a signal, something wrong in the wire between that plug and controller.

if no signal there then well thats more back tracking, not sure if there is a fuse on that side of the truck or not.

my guess would be the first test will show that the controller is gone. I've not found a controller that last to long myself.