1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bradford Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by kandklandscape0, Oct 11, 2007.

1. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

Got a pretty used bradford spreader. I think it is 1.5 cu yards?

Anyways we are rebuilding it. Putting a new motor on, new bearings, and painting it.

Well we ran into one big problem, the chain is frooze! We PB Blasted it with 5 cans, it is barely moving. Is there anywhere you can buy a chain for it at? How in the world do you take it off?

I guess the company must be out of business, searched the web and found nothing. Anyone know where I can buy a chain for it at? It is the chain that would move to make the salt distribute from the unit.

Any help would be appreciated. I looked at buyers chains, but no idea if they can be universal or not.

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Try j-thomas.com I know they carry a lot of parts for spreaders, also try central parts warehouse (a sponsor).

3. LON

LON Senior Member

Get me a pic of the links and a center-to-center measurement on the sprockets and I can see what matches up or have one built.
    Lon