1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brackets and wiring

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by markcp, Jan 8, 2011.

1. markcp

markcp Junior Member

Currently running a 94 Dodge 3/4 with about a 2000 Hiniker 7.5 straight blade. My good truck is a 99 Silverado 2500 that I'm thinking of switching to my plow truck? Or at least to a backup.

Question is:
    Do all Hiniker current blades use the same mounting brackets? If I put a GM HIniker bracket on the Silverado, can I run straight, "C" or "V" plows? I realize the wiring is different for each style of plow. In time I want to switch from a straight to the 9850 Poly V and be able to use same brackets, and just switch out the wiring harness and controller.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

Truck side brackets are different, plow side brackets are the same.

3. markcp

markcp Junior Member

Thanks Dennis.

I was looking at Hiniker PDF manuals online. It looks like the only difference in wiring harness and controllers between a straight plow and a "V" plow is the extra 3 pin connector on the harness and the scoop/v- button on the controller? Do you think it is possible to run a straight blade off of a v-plow wiring harness/controller? The reason is, I want to upgrade to a "V" in time, and not want to purchase two separate harnesses/controllers.

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

THIS IS INCORRECT. All Hiniker mounts will fit any Hiniker blade. New, old, V, C or straight. The truck side mount is obviously truck specific. If you want to run a V plow you need a 6 function harness. A 6 function will run a V or a straight but I believe a C-plow has its own harness... someone can chime in on that though.

Also, a V-plow controller will run a straight. When running a straight you just dont plug in the small round plug. You can plug a straight blade (4 function) controller into a 6 function harness as well.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  5. JUNKYARD

JUNKYARD Junior Member

I'M new to the group as to plowing, iAM looking at different plows and everyone of you gentlemen have there own likes and dislikes can any one offer there thaughts on the hiniker c plow as a back drag PLOW as oppose to others manfactures i am not sure i am even in the right spot to post this question
    junkyard

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  6. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

That is what I was trying to say. I think he understood it from my comment. Thanks for making my statement more clear.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  7. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

I really don't know the answer to your question. I would call hiniker or send them an email and I am sure they would be happy to answer your question. I agree it looks like it would work.

8. markcp

markcp Junior Member

I contacted a Hiniker dealer, The V-Plow wiring harness will run the straight blade also. I just wouldn't use the extra 3 pin hookup. If I would switch to a v from the straight, I would have the harness ready to go, just need to purchase the hand controller.

Thanks for all the help guys.

9. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

I am happy it will work for you. Good luck.

10. Hinkler

Hinkler Junior Member

To operate a C or V plow on a 4 function harness you will need the plow with matching controller and replace the 4 F. harness with a 6 F. harness OR add the 2 F. jumper harness.

38813026 is a separate sealed harness that you can add to an existing 4 F. harness to convert it to a 6 F.

Suggested list: $64.69

11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

This is great information. I did not know they offered that...either did my dealer who I just informed about this product. Funny they had one on hand but didnt know what it was :rolleyes: