1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bracket switch

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Chandlerarms, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Chandlerarms

Chandlerarms Senior Member

Looking for a "L" style bracket (approx 4" x 2") that is blank/empty. Basically I need to drill my own holes and add my own rocker switches. Is there such a thing? I am having a heck of a time finding anything on line.

Anyone with a suggestion?

Thanks!

2. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

Go to Home Depot or TSC and get a piece of sheet metal cut it to size, bend it and then paint it.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

4. Chandlerarms

Yeah, I have thought of both moding some aluminum or the project boxes as well as black plexiglas. Just thought there had to be a "L" bracket out there somewhere??? Maybe not.........

5. Grambo170

Grambo170 Junior Member

I had the same thought of doing just what you wanted looked around and said the heck with it and ordered one from strobes n more cheap enough and came with switches and wires, couldn't of been easier

6. Chandlerarms

Here is my dilemma. I will need switches for:

Rear HAW LED's
    Side window E4's
    Grille mount E4's
    Rear flood light.

Problem is that the SNM HAW pattern is changed by ground, and the newer e4's are Positve, so basically I want to have a "custom" bracket that will have 2 sets of lighting groups. One with + and one with - momentary. I realize I can just set the pattern and leave well alone, but I fell then the lights are limited.

7. THEGOLDPRO

8. THEGOLDPRO

9. THEGOLDPRO

10. THEGOLDPRO

Or you can do what i did and find a decent place in your cab somewhere and mount the switches like i did.
    [​IMG]

11. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

I have a 3 switch panel with 3 lighted on/off switches in it. Would that work for you?

12. Chandlerarms

Well here is the issue. I have a bracket that fits perfect in the spot I want to use. Its a 4 switch bracket (1 momentary + 3 on/off). But since I have two "styles" of pattern switching (Older E series HAW plus newer E4), I need 2 momentary switches. I want to find something similar (without holes pre-drilled). Here is something I made up with plexiglass. The plexiglass is not bad, just was looking for something better. The third pic is the spok I want to use. THe single sho-me is for just the HAW's that will be taken out.

Thanks.

bracket.jpg

plexi-switch.jpg

truck.jpg

13. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Nothing wrong with being picky about how you want your truck. Do you want the bracket below the salter controller?

14. Chandlerarms

Oh sorry. Yeah. The spot is perfect and it closes nicely. ITs ment for CD storage. The current 2 switch bracket (momentary & power) is with just the rear HAW's. The HAW's pattern switch is negative. The new E4's work off positive. So I want to just have one bracket. The space is about 4 7/8 by 2 1/4. I am just surprised I cannot find anything on line???? I might try bending some metal, and see how that comes out?

closed.jpg

cover.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013