1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bracket over 2nd battery missing?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cjasonbr, Nov 6, 2008.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

There are brackets over the back corners of my engine compartment.

My buddy has dual batteries in his truck the same year and he's missing the bracket over his 2nd battery. I was looking at some of the dual battery install thread picks and it seems like other people might not have one too. I always just assumed if i installed dual batteries i'd remove the bracket and put it back on after the battery was in.

What's the deal with this bracket? Did it come on trucks with dual batteries?

and on another note, why isn't this section called "GM Truck Discussion"?
  2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

it's a dealer aftermarket item.

Some have no tray for the 2nd battery, some do and just because you do doesn't mean you get the battery hold down.

You can get the wedge type or the over the top type.

Good luck
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Are you talking about the brace for the fender. I just did mine and after the AUX battery is in it wont fit back. You can get one that will fit from GM that is made for the dual battery set up. You have to order it special. hope this helps....
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The fender brace tab was omitited on trucks optioned with the duel battery's. The brace tab should be there if it's a single battery.