1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boys Down South

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sgreanbean, Jan 2, 2002.

1. sgreanbean

sgreanbean Junior Member

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Road trip time.
    Pack everything up and head south, NC and Virginia could get
    12" + from now through thursday. You think 200 was alot for a drive in Buffalo, you can get 3x that in the south. They dont have any equipment al all, I mean nothing, perhaps a spreader or two, but plows are not to be seen.
  3. Mike Hughes

Mike Hughes Member

So........are you going, Dino??
  4. mikeslawncare

mikeslawncare Junior Member

I'm ready when you guys are!:cool:
  5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

As soon as Dino leaves we will get hit with 12 inches of "sound effect" snow.
  6. Rider1340

Rider1340 Member

400 miles to Raleigh N.C. from here.I dont believe that they have ever seen a foot of gold before.This should be interesting.
  7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I guess we'll see the southern boys with ply wood,cut in 1/2 lenthwise,with a 2x6 cutting edge,strapped to the front of the truck,to get thru this storm.Those southern boys will survive.
  8. Rider1340

Rider1340 Member

Yea, dem good ol' boys never let anything get in their way.LOL.I NEVER seen the GENERAL LEE in snow.Maybe DAISY has a field plow somewhere out back for her jeep.
  9. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

Just be sure to get a signed contract even if it is a one time push.
    You sure don't want to get accused of price gouging. :D

I can already hear it.......
  10. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

southern snow

I must be inthe wrong part of the U.S. cause it always goes around us for some reason. Maybe the snow storms are afraid of us "costal boyz" ??? We can plow with the best of 'em!!
  11. Rider1340

Rider1340 Member

525 you got that right. Buffalo may be the snow belt, but we are the rain / snow line belt. Dont worry , we'll get smacked up side the head soon enough, we are due.Remember '96 $. WB17 channel says there is a NASTY storm coming up sun / mon .WHAT IS SO N A S T Y ABOUT A SNOW STORM, after all we are in a drought .
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2002
  12. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I am ready to go now. Honestly, I am sick of sitting on my glutes waiting for the pennies. No snow expected here for at least a week. If anyone wants to go down, Email me or call.

(219) 718-5481
  13. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

Man, everbody is getting snow exept us! Would you guys PLEASE share some of that snow, all i want it a few inches, is that too much to ask? :confused: Common boyz send some up, down or which ever way just get it to JERSEY!!
  14. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Theres got to be something wrong...something seriously wrong here. How is the south getting white stuff while us here in Illinois/Iowa have only seen flakes. To whom do I write to about the unfairness of this situation? I mean, I placed my order about 2 months ago and I think it was delivered to the wrong destination. Maybe has to do with scanning for anthrax in it or something else like that. This will be the last time I place an order with the snow gods. When I get to the bottom of this, someone is going to get fired.
  15. Rider1340

Rider1340 Member

moline usually has about how many on the ground by now?
  16. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

Hey, J. Henderson...When you are ready we can find a trailer to tow your truck(so it would make it) then we can head down south...since we are not getting any snow what so ever this year.......call me when you are ready..:cool: :D
  17. Plow Meister

Are you seriousely interested in going down there?
  18. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Rider1340-usually around 25-30" in December.

mntnbkn9-lets go to 'Bama...ready to go price gouge those rednecks... :D
  19. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

I would in a heart beat...but my wife won't let me....
  20. Plow Meister

Just put her to bed and sneak out.:cool: My wife can't wait to get rid of me! If her mind changes, LET'S GO!!!!!!