1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Box Spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by triadpm, Dec 23, 2009.

1. triadpm

triadpm Member
    from 21771

I tried search knowing this has probably been discussed over and over but all I get is junk that is not even close to what I'm looking for. I am going to buy a 2yd poly. or S.S. leaning towards poly. I think I want an electric set up instead of gas. Has any one had problems with the electric motors or with a poly. hopper for that matter? Thanks Steve
  2. rpainetfd

rpainetfd Member

This year I switched from a SS V Box Gas to the new Fisher Poly Electric. It is my first electric and I absolutely love it. Below zero the other day and I did not have to hastle with a gas motor. Poly is light enough that 2 people can load and unload the spreader making it easier to clean. I have only run about 10 yards threw mine (1.8yd capacity one), but am very happy at this point.
  3. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

if your going to grow i would suggest a saltdogg 1500. it gives you the option to use bulk if needed, plus one person can remove it, you can stand it up for storage. (huge space saver) and the price is right. I just bought one and love it.
  4. triadpm

triadpm Member
    from 21771

I was thinking about the next size up I think yours is 1,45 yds? Can you add boards to the sides or not a good idea? Thanks for the responses.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009