1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Box or angle plow??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Q-Team Inc, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc Member

We are thinking of getting something to push snow with on our Case Skid-Steer. Would you recommend a box plow or angle plow? Let me know pro's & con's for those of you that have been through this.

Thanks

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Logic tends to suggest a box plow given the more limited smooth directional control at speed vs conventional steering and you would be able to "carry" the snow better as you turned too.

3. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

I think you have to look at where you are boingo be using that skid steer, that may give you a better idea of what will work best for you. Usually those decisions will work themselves out.

We like box plows better for the snow carring ability and because we don't have lot of places to put snow so we have to move it all lot in the areas we do.

4. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc Member

We would be using it to plow our shop yard area. I don't for see us using it for anything else. Our trucks are so busy that we arn't back in time to open up the shop yard before office employees arrive in the morning.