1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boulder, Colorado Shovel Help Needed

Discussion in 'Employment' started by ThePeoplesPlow, Jan 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ThePeoplesPlow

ThePeoplesPlow Junior Member

Hey guys,
    As the title suggests I need a guy to man a shovel this winter in Boulder, CO.
    Must have personal transportation (does NOT have to be a plow truck)
    Compensation: $12/hr + 53cents/mile driven
    Bonus: Perfect attendance + no callbacks bonus (reward to be determined)

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

PM Buff.....

3. ThePeoplesPlow

What is that and how do I do it?

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

PM means Private Message, you need aboot 20or25 post to have the ability to "PM"

You may want to post a link to your thread on the Colorado Weather Thread
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=84803&page=493
    to get more visibility.

So aboot how many guys/hours per storm and where in Boulder?
    BTW $12.00 an hour is not going to get you quality or reliable help, you're offering a bonus but it probably won't entice guys enough to sign on.

5. ThePeoplesPlow

Thanks Buff. Short for Buffalo?
    This is a great community. I've got five residential units that need snow removal and can be done with a shovel. Just need one guy for about 5 hours a storm at the moment. This number will go up.
    Is there a payment structure you would recommend?

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

His last name is Bill

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Not Buffalo, Big Ugly Fat Fornicator....... I'm 6'8" and go 290#........

I sub out shoveling, pay by the job using tiered rates based on accumulation and I supply Ice Melt.
    Last Fridays storm my guy billed me $95.00 and it took him about 3.5hrs. May sounds expensive but there's no employee BS (taxes, W/C, etc), he's reliable and does a good job.

8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

:laughing:

No snow blowing, just shoveling for 5 hrs? I doubt you'll get any takers. Maybe go with a set amount for all the work...like $120 per time they do it. And buy a snow blower for them if possible.

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I'm thinking back a few years when Denver and the Front Range got dumped on.........somewhere in the neighborhood of 5' in one storm and 4' the next.....I think.

I've been reading your business plan on the CO thread and didn't have time to post this.

What happens when that happens again, and I believe you were charging the customer a flat rate?

10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

11. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

i would not get out of bed for less than 25 hr if it is only 3-5 hrs and use my own equipment