1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought used Western - what did I get?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Poorhouse, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Poorhouse

Poorhouse Junior Member

Bought this over the weekend. 75 Plymouth Trailduster with 7'6" Western. Paid more than I wanted, but plows are hard to find up here. Seller had it for 13 years, used it to plow a small motel parking lot only.

Everything seems to work well with the plow, came with the other wing.

So, what plow did I get and anything I should do to it to get it ready to use?

2. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

you have the older western convenional plow. the cable driven pump plow. those pumps and plows are usually pretty reliable. but i think your blade is just the standard blade not the pro. since it doesn't have 3 springs, shock absorber, and it has fewer ribs on the plow. now i could be wrong. B&B's the person that would know for sure maybe he'll chime in soon. hope thats not completely wrong and helps some. Good luck!
  3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

You have the Western 7'6" standard conventional plow. Fluid should be changed. You want to make sure the cables move freely and that they are sealed where they enter the pump. Keep an extra solenoid for the plow. Clean all battery cables to the solenoid and pump.
  4. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

When changing the fluid check the filter for trash. Yes it is a standard plow.
  5. Poorhouse

Poorhouse Junior Member

Thanks guys.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707