1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought used plow, need mount and wiring help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by just me, Oct 14, 2009.

1. just me

just me Member

Hi all, I came across this site searching for part numbers for a mount and harness I need. Looks like I will find what I need here....:nod:
    I just bought a 1996 8' Western Unimount that I believe to be a Pro Plow. As usual, there are no labels left on the rusty blade to identify it. It does have the 3 springs and 1 shock absorber. I want to use this on my 2000 K1500 and can't seem to find which truck mount I need. I came up with 67960-1, but everything on the web identifies this as an Ultramount. I also need the light harness for the truck side. The plow has 2 plugs; 1 for the lights with the number 61558 molded in the plug and 61168 on the motor plug. The harness number I came up with is 29048. Anyone know if these are the right pieces for my application ?
    Thanks............:waving:

2. x.system

x.system Senior Member

This link will get you to the right parts. Western1 had a mount for your truck so you may want to get ahold of him, see if he still has it. He might also have the wiring your looking for. These mounts are very hard to find for the 1500 unimount setup. I looked for over a week and searched about every city on craigslist, finally found one in Iowa.

http://www.westernplows.com/publibrary.asp?cat=4

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Send me your email regarding the mount if your interested.

4. just me

just me Member

Just left you a visitor message.......:D

5. just me

just me Member

Thanks, I didn't go into the publications section. Seems I need a model 3515 mount, assembly number 63300 and a 63392 harness.... :nod:

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

7. just me

just me Member

WOW, I'm regretting buying this plow before checking on the availability of a mount........:dizzy:
    I have a local parts house that has the lugs and link arms in stock. I may end up buying them and fabricating a frame from there. It would be much cheaper than the prices I've been getting for an used mount.

8. Grandad

Grandad Junior Member

I might be able to help you, I bought Western v plow that came of a 2001 2500 HD I couldn't use the mount because i put it on a 90 2500, So i guess you would have to find out if a mount off a 01 2500 HD mount will work on your truck, I think it will but I don't know much and am here in the citys.PS I have no wireing for it thou

9. just me

just me Member

Thanks for the reply and offer but I have been told by 2 people now that the 2500 mount would need major modification to work since the frames are different widths.....:rolleyes: Thanks GM.
    If you are close to Stillwater, I wouldn't mind looking at it to see for myself and get an idea if I could make it work.

10. Grandad

Grandad Junior Member

Well I live in Rosemount, but my next door neighbor works at a lumber yard in stillwater I can see if he can bring it to work with him and you can stop over there and take a look. I didn't really think the frams would be that diffrent.

11. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

12. just me

just me Member

That would be cool.
    I was surprised to here that too and the really strange part is that the 2500 has a NARROWER frame than the 1500 !! It would be easier to make the mount smaller than bigger. I'm off work today because of the rain and may be again tomorrow but either way I'm usually done around 3:00 pm. I could stop by the lumber yard after that. I'm thinking it's one of them on/near Curve Crest ?

13. Grandad

Grandad Junior Member

Cool all try to talk to him tonight and see if he can do that, and all post back tomorrow. I didn't catch the persons name but someone just posted one on here from e bay and thats what mine looks like to a T , But thats crazy that a 2500 is narrower .PS and Dam there are expensive

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  14. just me

just me Member

15. just me

just me Member

Maybe it was just other people's opinion that it was a lot of work. It'll be nice to see for myself and decide. I have a pretty complete shop here and can fab stuff myself.

16. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Well if you decide to make part of it I can sell you just the pieces you need.
    If you have a mount off something else we will trade it in

17. just me

just me Member

Grandad, were you able to arrange for your neighbor to bring that to work this week ?

18. teamwoodys

teamwoodys Junior Member

hey, will your mount fit a 01 diesel? if so how much for the mount? and is it the same mount for the straight blade? Thanks Josh

19. Grandad

Grandad Junior Member

No I have not had a chance to talk to him. But am getting ready to put my boat in to storage this weekend and I will be driving right trou Stillwater so if you want to at least take a look at it. Just to see how much mod work you would have to do to get it to work, put if you had to do to much mod work I don't think its going to be worth it. So let me know and we can set something up for this weekend. I store my boat in WI

20. just me

just me Member

Dude, it's really impolite to high-jack my thread and attempt to undermine a part I'm trying to look at. If I don't want it, maybe then you can work something out.

Sounds like it could work. I'm going to go into your personal message center and leave my phone number. I'd rather work this out on the phone.
    Thanks