1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought Used Hideaways-Need Switches

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by P&M Landscaping, Nov 15, 2010.

1. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

I'm going to buy a 60 Watt 6 outlet power supply with four clear bulbs and all of the wiring tonight. He's asking $100, i'm going to offer a little lower. Good deal? Also, I need the switches to turn on the strobes, and select the flash patterns. I would like to be able to just use one switch. Is this possible?

2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

yes on the single switch... If the guy won't budge from the $100 just make sure it works cause if it don't your out the $100... If it's used... $60-$75 if it doesn't include the wires... again MAKE SURE IT WORKS!

3. P&M Landscaping

It includes the wires going from the power supply to the bulbs, but not the wires to run to the switches. Also, can you run me through on the single switch hookup?

4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Run a 14 guage wire from the positive terminal of the battery through a inline fuse...to the switch...same wire to the power supply.

Run the same guage wire in black to a ground to the switch

Run a wire from the power supply to it's own ground and you should be up and running.

I don't use any wire under a 14 guage wire for any equipment... 10 if it draws alot of amps but 14 for the use you got should work fine

5. P&M Landscaping

Now, how do I control flash patterns? Or do I just not worry about it? This is a big upgrade from my $10 beacon:p

6. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

flash pattern is switched by touching the pattern wire to ground until you find the pattern you like then just leave it. unless its a very cheap power supply and that may not be able to be changed.

7. P&M Landscaping

Well I got the 4 tubes, 4 cables and power supply for $70. I think I did okay, however i'm looking for some installation guides, and on whelen.com I can only find the UPS-64C guide, but my model is the UPS-64. Is there a difference?

8. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Sent you a PM