1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought Speedwing 860 today

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Lasher66, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Lasher66

Lasher66 Member

I sold my Blizzard 810 and bought a Speedwing 860 today. It doesnt get installed till next week. Seems that most threads out there are happy with the speedwing. I figured the ease of use with the wings automatically working on their own, and its a lighter plow so it would be less wear and tear on my truck also. Oh yeah, and its $1100 cheaper than the 810 also. I sold the 810 because it was getting old and wanted something more reliable. I did love the 810 though. Let me hear the input about the 860 if you got any.

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Well that's the same thing I did! 2yrs. ago I switched from an 810 to the 860 sw. It sounds like you have already looked at all of the posts and know what to expect. I don't regret going to the sw. at all. It has been a great plow and I would buy another ! The one plus I think the sw. has over the 810 is the fact that the cutting edges are 1/2'' all around . Your wings will make it through the first season !!! Good luck with your new plow ,your going to like it !!! , shaun
  3. NW Andy

NW Andy Junior Member

I am still waiting on mine. My dealer was supposed to have gotten them in last month, but I called last week and they still are not in! Oh well, as long as it's here before the snow!
  4. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

I am also adding a SW for the 2008 F-350 4X4 CC w/9'bed. This truck will be used by a new plow driver and I think all things being equal it is a better fit for the truck and situation. Who knows, it might be time to start replacing some older 810's with newer plows and the SW might be the way to go all around. We will have to see.

Ron G.
  5. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Ron G, would you have any interest in selling any of your 810s? I am in Iowa.
  6. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Thanks for asking but not currently. I just had them all serviced top to bottom. Wings removed, all pins replaced and so one any hose that even looked in need of repair was replaced. I am ready for the season and will make my observation of the 860SW this season.

I do know of a used 810 for sale look up Rushing Snow & Ice Controll on the Blizzard dealer site. Talk to Aaron. Would need to know what the truck side is going to be as I am sure he has a few used truck side mounts too.

Best, Ron G.
  7. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Thanks Ron, Ill call tomorrow.