1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought some stuff for this season(Ice maintenance)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Outd00r Maint.., Nov 30, 2009.

1. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

Bought some stuff today for Ice maintenance

in all we bought 2 bins for are daycare center's,we will add non skid rocks in them for the sidewalks

10 bags of salt 20kg/bag

30 bags off sand salt 20kg/bag

30 bags of Non-skids rocks 20kg/bag

and i must say this was our first time loading the truck like this,we heard some new sounds coming from under the truck when we where hitting potholes.I dont know if it was normal tho..

And almost bought some Eco-friendly ice melter.....do you guys know if there worth it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  2. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a load!!

3. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

its a ford super duty it can handle anything

4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

handles it good! i had a pallet of rock salt in my truck the other day.....squatted nicely with 2500lbs ++++ in the bed

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Yeah.....one of the first things I did was had a local suspension shop install 2 extra leafs each side in the main packs and a 4 pack of helper springs. The most I ever had on there was 2 skids of bagged rock salt (30--80lb bags) plus I always have the dump bed in, so I'm guessing about 5800lbs in the bed.....shhhhhh dont tell the DOT guys. It was def. squatting a bit.

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

One more thing, keep those bags covered with a tarp or they may become solid bricks before you know it.

7. serafii

serafii Senior Member

outdoor maintnance where in quebec r u from? n y do u have an L plate?

8. airtime

airtime Member

It looks like some new containers were bought to keep everything dry.

9. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

yes we have a L plate the truck is 3010kg or something close to it no choice to plate it L