1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought some cal

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Vaughn Schultz, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Just some random pictures I though you night wanna see

Picture 017.jpg

2. Vaughn Schultz

Picture 018.jpg

3. Vaughn Schultz

Picture 026.jpg

4. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Is that straight Calcium or some blend?

5. Vaughn Schultz

Strait 32% cal

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice, it looks like you could have made a nice salt shed on those concrete walls also. So did you take the whole load of calcium and if you don't mind me asking, how much was it per gallon.

7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good Eric, have a good season!

8. Vaughn Schultz

yeah a full load is 4500 gal and i paid .45 per gallon (i think)

9. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Did you bail on the salt brine mix, or do you plan to mix the cal with brine ?
    What are you using for spraying ?

10. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Nice, where did you order from if you don't mind me asking? I am considering wetting my salt this year to cut down on usage.

11. Vaughn Schultz

Im going to mix and you them for different situations. As far as the sprayers ill post pictures on Monday. I went to PA on Thursday to pick up the units, they are sweet!

12. Superior L & L

from MI

OH MAN your going to make us wait till monday. We just got three accounts today that want liquid so we will be ordering our stuff on Monday. Thats 5 accounts that want liquid as much as possible

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  13. Vaughn Schultz

http://www.icecontrolsprayers.com/ this is where I got them. I'm sure I could have built them but it really was not worth it :p Well maybe it was financially:rolleyes: (I got 25% off list for buying 7 units, we joint purchased with another company) but I had too many other things to do than start building this crap. I would rather just spend the money and know its done right an leave me more time to do what I supposed to do.

14. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Really nice, its what I'm looking at also. Did you go for electric or gas. I too don't have the time to make one. I will be using Ice Be Gone II as a liquid. Look forward to seeing some pics.

15. T-MAN

Those are nice units Eric, did you go with the electrics or gas ?
    I was eyeing some of there components for building my own rig.
    Have you had requests for liquid spraying, or are you supplementing de-icing with liquids ?
    Seems when I have mentioned alternatives to salt, my clients think Sand LOL. Nipped that in the ass quick, but most were not to receptive to liquids at an additional cost.

16. Vaughn Schultz

I got both gas and electric so I could see the difference. I got the "premium boom" that you can rotate the spray heads and select the one I want, there is fast fan spray, slow fan spray and stream spray. The boom is the best part of the deal, the rest is kinda basic. I fired up the gas three lane and i could perfectly cover 30 feet ! But If i were to do it again I would buy the boom and build the rest. The company its self is totally nuts, just a nightmare to work with. They are so behind and disorganized. They were going to ship them and after waiting so long I got pissed of and drove up there to get them.

T man or anyone else if you wanna stop buy and take notes let me know

17. T-MAN

Thanks Eric, I will plan to take you up on that offer once things settle down around here.

18. DKG

DKG Senior Member

Looks like a great set up. $.45 is also a great deal, good luck.

19. Superior L & L

from MI

Unless you live in Michigan $0.12 - $0.20 per gallon delivered

20. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I've got the ICS-200, with the turret boom and all the upgrades.