1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought plow for driveway, won't work

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lazer Man, Dec 5, 2000.

1. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

I purchased this plow to clear my drive but it is not doing a good job, see photo, I can't figure out the problem. It keeps tearing up things. Can any of you give me some good ideas on proper use. Any help would be appriciated.
    [​IMG]

[Edited by Lazer Man on 12-06-2000 at 03:19 AM]

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know if anyone else can see it or not, but your photo isn't showing up. What kind of plow is it? And what are you using it on?

3. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

Got photo to work, know can anyone help with my problem?LOL

4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Thats an airport plow, no a driveway plow.

Do we have another guy that wants to plow residentials with a 16' plow?

Geoff

5. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Mmmm.... Makes my mouth water to think of all the fun that would provide.

6. SlimJim Z71

JEASUS!!!!

You said that thing is ripping grass up??? REALLY?!?!? I don't know about the rest of you... but I smell a smart-@$$!!!! LOL

-Tim

7. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

I think the first issue with snow is that it is to removed minus the driveway surface, this machine might have the tendence to be used more by those contractors who do concrete work in the summers,lot of curb repair after using one of these.But with the ability to wing back the out side blades there is great potential for a prosperous residential snow business, and the ability to also do sidewalks without ever getting out of the machine.So I suggest since you own this that you go right out and get a couple more and go to the nearest Trailer park and start offering to do individual drives at a cut rate because of the speed and efficency at which you be able to operate.

8. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

Maybe if I tried an urethane edge it might work better? I'm also having trouble getting the machine into my storage shed any ideas.
    [​IMG]
    Would taking the lights off the roof help?

9. steveair

steveair Senior Member

Here's an idea,

Sell it to the airport I work at for 150k, what it is worth, and then take the money and hire 10 spanish laborers for the next century to sit outside your house to shovel your drive.

steveair

10. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I think they are running rubber as it is in those photos, so get that off of there and buy some urethane, that will solve all your problems.
    Dino

11. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

I don't see what the problem is.
    Don't all you guys do driveways with these type plows?? It's what we use.
    Seems to me you just need more practice.
    Bring it up here to Erie and we'll try it out and let you know. Better yet, you come with it and we'll let you practice on our sites.

12. DeepDivot

DeepDivot Junior Member

Are you plowing from the garage to the road? Perhaps you should plow 'across' the drive.

13. SlimJim Z71

For the record... if I went straight down my driveway with that thing, I would take out my house!!!

-Tim

14. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Gee,, you've even got two of 'em! At least judging from the pics. Is your real name Mike Smith?

15. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

John, I sent you the info you requested hope it helps.

16. steveair

steveair Senior Member

If your garage happens to be a hanger, your driveway is a 200 ft by 12000 ft runway, and your daily commuter is a 747, then I think it will work fine.

steveair
    (we don't even have one of those at work!)

17. performanceturf

performanceturf Junior Member

When you get done with the drive run around back and get the patio, would ya please?
    Is this thread to remind us of the jackball that wanted to plow residentials with his Kenworth?