1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bought new winter tires for 06 F250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by T&M SnowMan, Oct 8, 2009.

1. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

hey guys, just bought a set of 4 Good Year DuraTracs for my 06 F250 for my spare stock rims (wanted good winter set of tires for plowing)...anybody have these?...Any opinions on them...experience any problems?..they look like a great tire and have gotten great reviews...let me know what ya think guys...thanks

duratrac.jpg

duratrac.jpg

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

i have never seen those tires and like the looks of them a lot!

Do you have any pics of them on your truck?

3. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

What did you pay for 4 of them mounted?

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Those do look like some decent M&S from Goodyear. Finally.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

x2. I hear many guys rave about the Workhorses, but I just don't see it. At least these have lots of siping, and small tread blocks. Look studdable.

Plus they have nice big white letters on the side, which is super important.

I do find it comical when someone buys something, and then ask if people have opinions/experience with them

6. Mark Oomkes

Noticed that as well. Sorta SOL now. :nod:

7. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Would siping a brand new set of tires be worth it? Does it really make a big difference?

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

There's no question that siping improves performanc in snow/ice. Do some searching on Google. There's a guy who used a skilsaw and utility knife on his Super Swampers.

9. ultimate plow

from N. IL

Nice. I can have discount tire do mine for free. I shoulda had them do it when I bought my tires. Thanks

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Are you going to sipe the Nittos? They look pretty good to start with.

11. ultimate plow

from N. IL

They are nice. Thats why im not sure if it will be a big difference. Ill take a pic. Be back in a sec

12. ultimate plow

from N. IL

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

13. OttolawnHD

OttolawnHD Junior Member

I have a set of those on my '06 2500HD they're working great so far

14. OttolawnHD

OttolawnHD Junior Member

I have a set of those on my '06 2500 HD they work great, i pull a 24' enclosed trailer everday and they hold up really well

15. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Tires look good.

16. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

FULL TRUCK PIC JUSTIN!!!! lol
    and yes I meant to use all caps for those that will ask.

17. T&M SnowMan

Im glad you find it comical....cause Im one for comedy, so its almost just as fun to burst your bubble....I did do my research...I compared styles, brands, load ranges, prices, talked to people at NTB, Sears, TireWarehouse....looked at other forums, read reviews...just because I didnt specify that I did my homework through other sources doesnt mean I went in blindfolded..lol...Im not sure who goes out and spends over $1000 and doesnt look into their purchase...loI...I was simply just trying to find if anyone on here has plowed with them, these tires have the "mountain snoflake" symbol, meaning they are rated excellent for winter traction, was wondering if anyone on HERE has had a set on their truck...

These tires can be studded, you can get them studded right from good year...they have tons of siping on them, nice side wall treads as well...

so next time you think its comical cause someone didnt do their homework...do your homework...its better to be a smartass then a *******!!..

no hard feelings, just dont like people jumping the gun without the facts...maybe others ask about purchases...Im not one of em....I'll post pics guys when I get them mounted tomorrow.:drinkup::laughing:

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Your post indicated your only research was that they had gotten good reviews. Pretty easy to get a good review from Four Wheeler when you spend a bazillion dollars a year on
    advertising. Or Discount Tire when the markup is huge.

I do agree they look good, and I truly hope you have good luck with them.

I don't live in a bubble, so there isn't one to burst. Sorry. Better luck next time:D

19. Mark Oomkes

Huh, I was under the impression that you were the "toothless hick in a bubble".

OP, chill out, it was an observation.

PS I spent something like $1400 on tires that I didn't do any research on. Just sick and tired of the crappy 19.5's that are out there, so I figured I would give them a shot.

20. T&M SnowMan

just to re-itterate what I said in response, it was assumed that I had bought tires without researching them, not the case, or that I was brainwashed by some Discount Tire employee...haha...I didnt get a review in four wheeler, I read customer reviews on different forums and tire sites, talked to people who sell them, how many people have purchased them there, one place said he hasnt sold any, another said they are popular, I heard both sides of the spectrum with sales...like I said no hard feelings, and I hope I get good results with these tires too, thanks,...they are a very good looking tire..now if I can only get them on the truck...luckily I got a buddy who will throw em on for some beer and pizza...