1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought New Style 2007 Sierra need plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by topdj, Oct 6, 2007.

1. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I have a snowbear but have grown tired of getting out to angle, so Im going to sell it along with my 2 sets of mounts one was for a ford explorer late 90s and one was gm trucks 88-99, but my delemma is I checked the plow configurators and the 2 plows came up on fisher and westen that were only 21" tall homesteader and suburbinite, fisher did have one other an LD 26" that would work. I do like the snowway with downforce
    as I have 4 garages to pull snow away from the door.
    Where do you guys buy these direct I seen prices posted for the 2 home plows of 2700 delivered thats a good deal. can I get a snoway for 3000? do you have direct sellers here on the site?

2. topdj

topdj Senior Member

Oh I have a winter set of wheels/tires, I wont be running those 20" chromed GMC wheels in the snow

[​IMG]

3. jimpac1

jimpac1 Junior Member
    from ct

I just bought an 07 NBS silvrado as well. I'm new to plowing and looking for a plow for my truck. Mine will just be used to do my driveway, and a few others, and a small lot for my business. Does anyone have any ideas on what type of plow to be looking at, and what kind of prices i'll be looking at. The truck is a 1500 series BTW. Thanks for all your help.

4. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

If it was me, and I just bought a 07 Chevy 1500, I would put a Fisher 7.5 foot RD series plow on it.
    This recommendation would be for both of your trucks.
    See: http://www.fishersnowplows.com/modeldetail.asp?model=rd

EDIT: I don't know why Fisher's Ematch won't give you the option of the RD series on the new body style 1500. I would not be too worried about putting an RD on the new 1500... I would ask a Fisher dealer in your area what they would recommend. Apparently, it only gives the LD and the homesteader as options.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  5. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

topdj...........how much modification did you have to do on your air dam. i have the suburbanite I have to mount on my 07 crew and it looks like i am going to have to cut huge holes in it for the receiver bracket. I'm thinking of removing the air dam completelty for the winter and putting it back on in the non-snow months!! on the suburbanite the brackets are removalbe so all you have is the frame!!

6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Guys - for what you have described ... get the sno-way 8'. Your truck will handle it. The plow offers all the big boy features PLUS it's lighter weight ( ie. easier on your truck ) and has the very superior down pressure to add the weight when needed. I used this style plow for 10 years on commercial - simply great. I'd not suggest installing any of the plows yourself. It's typically a $300 job - to me not worth the day long headache.