1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought a truck...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow, Nov 13, 2001.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Well, it's final. I bought a 1995 F250 XL 351w gasser, auto, 4wd, 69k miles , fisher 8' minute mount plow, and custom built back rack. I have to take the lettering off, but here's a photo of it the day i went to check it out.

i don't have any photos of it with the plow on, as i get home at 7:30pm.

u-joints, tires and possibly the strobes go on saturday.

2. fordman

fordman Senior Member

the truck looks great, have fun plowing.
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Nice looking truck, Bryan.
  4. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

not bad not bad good picking good luck with the truck.

5. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

i have a 94 extended cab 2 wheeler with over 200,000 miles on it. been a really reliable truck. only left me stranded once, severely gas fouled a really shot set of plugs, change them and still runnin strong.
    tranny acted up once but a flush and filter solved that at bout 160,000.

hope you have as good a luck as i have had
    Mark K
  6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

You want that sader now???
  7. snow

:mad: no, actually i'd like my fleece jacket back. It's been over a month since the bbq, i realized i left it in your SUV and offered to pay shipping, and i have yet to see it yet. If money is a problem, i'll send the $$ first, but i don't think it takes 1 month + for UPS to send a package. I even bought a truck before i got it back.

8. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

So get in the truck, drive over and get it! CT ain't THAT big.
  9. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Quote: "CT ain't THAT big!"

LOL Alan! Now, if it was ONT we was talkin' about, different story....................
  10. snow

I would end up spending more in gas $ than the fleece is worth.

11. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

new truck

Truck looks good.......for a ford lol. Does look like it needs some new sneakers. I'm still searching for the meyers mount and stuff for my truck. 2 people have it in stock here but one wants $750 for both a nd the other is $700. And I'm going to order the lights and wiring. Much better prices in angelos and j thomas. Good luck with the truck.... I'll send some pics of my rigs when there both done and painted.
  12. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I will get it to you. Or come and get it. Get that rusty mount painted black:D

What else you gonna do to spice that truck up?
  13. snow control

snow control Junior Member

I think fireman is wearing the fleece and just does not want to give it up. i once checked the price on those hot pink fleece jacket and you are right you would spend more on gas to go get it.
  14. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

It is comfortable and warm LOL. Seriously so everyone knows I talked to Snow and we are handling the problem. Been real busy here getting ready for snow and finishing leaves.
  15. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe a couple cold days is what it will take for snow to learn to take care of his toys lol.

Accidentally leave a blower at an account, have fun trying to track that baby down a few hours later...
  16. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

can you honestly tell me you never left anything at a job? I know I have.
  17. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

"can you honestly tell me you never left anything at a job? I know I have."

Why did you assume I never left anything behind? Of course I have, and usually it was gone by the time I remembered where I left it.

Thats why, now everything has its place in the truck and on the trailer, nothing moves til its all back where it belongs.
  18. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I operate the same way. I did not assume though. If someone was to tell me they had not left anything I would not beleive that.
  19. Armor

Armor Member

Nice truck! Have fun!
  20. snow

thanks guys, we got plates on it yesterday. the 8' plow is sitting in the driveway, i'll get some pix of it after i get the strobes, tires and U-joints done this weekend, along with a photo of the truck w/ the plow on. i have to compound off the lettering and lame stripes on it.