1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought a Speedcaster 2 for 600.00 Good buy?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by motox, Jan 26, 2012.

1. motox

motox Junior Member

Bought a speedcaster 2 for 600 approx its used condition.Was a little rusty but the old owner painted over the rust to make it look cleaner.. Needs mounting brackets for truck. Is this a good buy? Going to pick it up tomorrow.Dont know too much about them.. Any users on here use them and have any reviews?..

2. StrongestDad

StrongestDad Member

Yeah mine is an 05 and I would sell it for 1000 still. It's 3000k brand-new. I bought mine like brand-new in 06 for 1500.00$. You will need the special receiver/hitch that the old truck it came off of ! If his truck isn't an exact match u could buy new mounting hardware for 150.00 but do not buy it without the hitch and mounting bracket. Those might get expensive. Steve

3. motox

motox Junior Member

Allright. I called a local dealer and the hardware complete setup for my truck new is 99.00 so Overall i will have approx 700 into it... Was the wiring hard to install going up to the cab? also how does it do spreading the salt? does it clog often?

4. StrongestDad

StrongestDad Member

It spreads very good. My variable control box shorted out (475$) so I just put a switch in on high speed for 10$. Lol. Wiring is like hr-2 hrs. Easy. But just make sure u get the hitch and the big main mounting bracket!!!

5. StrongestDad

StrongestDad Member

Wet mix it clogs alot. Dry it's awesome. Salt. No problem

6. motox

motox Junior Member

Is it a must to have the under mount system with the 2 arms on the hopper and 2 recivers on the truck...? I have the reese hitch connecter on the salter but i dont know if i NEED the other additional mounting hardware or if the reese hitch will be sufficent

7. StrongestDad

StrongestDad Member

U need it all. Too heavy for just the reciever. Like 1100 lbs loaded