1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bought a snowdogg plow today...

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Shawdogg, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Shawdogg

Shawdogg Junior Member

Well I bought a new MD75 SnowDogg plow by Buyers today. Heard alot of good reviews on it, but nothing negative. So I hope I'll have a good plowing season!!!!! Anybody heard anything good or bad about the MD series SnowDogg plows?
  2. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I was talking to a dealer/installer by me, and he seems to like them a lot. When i have the cash, i will look into installing one on my truck, they look solid.
  3. steves32

steves32 Junior Member

I'm thinking about buying one of these snowdoggs today.I've been looking at them for about a week now.I'll let you know how it works out.I'd be putting it on a 02 GMC 2500HD has anyone else used one of these yet out there on one of these trucks?
  4. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

Just put one on my 2000 F150
    I like it a lot.
    Only complaint I had was the down/float .
    My old westerns, all you had to do was hit it and it went down/float right away.

The SnowDogg you have to hold the down/float button for 1 second before it floats.

A safety thing they said.

Not too big a deal, and I am getting used to it now.
  5. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

I have had mine on for a couple weeks now I like it but I have not had a bunch of snow to plow yet pic in profile

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Pictures? :cool:
  7. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

My suburbanite is set up the same way. I like the fact I can hit down and it goes to the ground and stops and not directly into float. There are times I don't want float and it seems like it would be a PITA to hit down and then have to hit up to turn off the float!
  8. Shawdogg

Shawdogg Junior Member

What is "float"?
  9. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

in float the hydraulic ram is allowed to freely extend and contract. If the terrain drops then so does the plow. Vice versa, if the terrain rises then so does the plow!
  10. 7thInfantryDiv.

7thInfantryDiv. Junior Member

Bought a 2003 F250 SD Supercab XL 4x4 and put a new 7.5 SnowDogg on it and so far I have had no problems and it has done my driveway several times and my daughters drive and it worked great. On my Mother-in-laws driveway it didn't do to well, but that's because she had ice under her snow and made it much more difficult.:realmad: But so far I really like the SnowDogg. Had a new ST325 spreader put on the truck also and as long as I run the spreader in slow speed, it salts my drive pretty good too.ussmileyflag When the weather get clearer, will take some pics and post them. Al tho I am new here and haven't plowed with a set up of my own til now, in my younger days I used to plow pretty well. It is coming back to me very quickly! And I am LOVING IT!!!! And using a truck makes it soooo much easier, in my young days the harness would leave blisters on my shoulders wesport and the driver left whip scars on my back!!!! :angry:
  11. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

Mine is working out real well but I would like to get some more snow around here to really test it out. Will be looking for those pics.
  12. slowhand11404

slowhand11404 Junior Member

I am quite happy with my SnowDogg MD68. Plowed several storms now and its great.
  13. beerman6

beerman6 Junior Member

Thats funny right there :D
  14. fletchxxx

fletchxxx Junior Member

leaks every where

i have a new md 75 on a 2000 ford f 150 three storms under my belt 18 driveways each storm, plows great but can not find all the leaks ???????????? blue plow oil driping out at least 5 spots use 1 quart fluid every other storm wish i could stop the leaking but have not put much time into fixing leaks yet but good plow except the blue dots on the driveways after i plow out people
  15. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

You have too much fluid in the resevoiur.
    Should only be half full.

If too high it will blow out the vent and get all over the place
  16. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hello, we just bought one in late october. We are new to plowing and went with this plow by the looks/features. So far we are really happy. At first we had some newb problems with removal/installation. Those where our fault and where we had to leave the plow when off. It plows nice and our truck handles it easily. We only plow three driveways of our own and some nice neighbors!;) For pictures look up this thread i posted,"New md75 on a 2004 chevy 1500" .Hope this helps you!
  17. fletchxxx

fletchxxx Junior Member

thank you i read manual, it says 3/4 full resevoiur, i will drain off some fluid to 1/2 full
    also if i leave my plow on truck it kills battery, can you help me out on this problem, i disconnect plow electric plugs and truck batterys fine any thoughts on this ? don
  18. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

did you install this plow yourself
  19. fletchxxx

fletchxxx Junior Member

yes, did install myself
  20. Aetna75

Aetna75 Junior Member

MD75 on 1/2 ton truck

Does anyone have this on an extended cab, 1/2 ton, 4x4? (which typically have a 3750# Gross Front axle Rating)