1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought a plow, will it fit?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Derf, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Derf

Derf Junior Member

Hello everyone. I'm new to the board, found it by surfing the web. A friend of mine bought a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 7' 6" Ultramount Western Midweight. He did not want it so I bought it for $1500. It's in very good condition. I would like to mount in on my 2001 GMC Yukon 1500. I understand I need a new Mount Assembly and Headlight Harness, looking for those. I'm hoping this unit will fit my Yukon?? Also if it fits I will have a mount and Headlight harness for a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500available. If it will not fit my Yukon it will be up for sale. Any help out there would really be appreciated. Thanks
  2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

It will fit it. Just might want to crank the torsion bars, and maybe add timbrens.
    Lots of guys plow with 1/2 ton trucks. Should be ok.
  3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

You should be fine....I just wouldnt pile the entire family in and got for a night out with the plow on the front! :)
  4. Derf

Derf Junior Member

Thanks for the replies. Now I can order the mount and harness. :)
  5. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

yea, it will fit, but your looking at 400+ plus for a mount and then the wiring for the lights. Probably 600 bucks by the time its said and done.