1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought a plow from snowplowsupply.com/CPW ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLM-1, Dec 2, 2006.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I was curious if anyone has purchased from snowplowsupply.com? I don't have a dealer for anything but Boss close. I was looking at a Fisher X-treme V 8.5 SS. I got a quote from CPW for just under $5000 shipped. Is that a good price? He also said I would need a lift kit for my 04 GMC 2500HD. He said the timbrens won't work???!! Feedback is wanted!

2. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

go to the dealer so if somthing goes wrong they can fix it

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

That dealer is over 100 miles away. Not really a short trip in the snow. Also, not really interested in a boss plow.

4. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

I bought my new plow this year from CPW, they were great to deal with. I ordered the plow on Tuesday and had it Friday! I would highly recommend them to anyone:bluebounc

5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Bought mine from CPW. Price was right even with shipping. If I were installing it myself, and not into Blizzards now, I'd do it again.

6. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. This is sort of a dumb question and I forgot to ask the dealer, but how do they ship a plow? Is it all assembled except for the truckside parts or...??? What should I expect when it arrives.

7. dilligafdog

dilligafdog Member

oh no they come in many pieces, but are fairly easy to put together, 3-4 hours to put it together, and install it on your truck. cpw was a pleasure to deal with would highly recommend them.:salute:

8. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton Junior Member

Is CPW the same as snowplow supply or are they another company? If so, what is their site? What kind of savings are seeing versus your local dealerships? I am in an area where there are no dealers...closest one is probably at least 4 hours away.

9. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

CPW is a sponser of this site. Snowplow supply is www.snowplowsupply.com. Their prices are pretty close. The shipping was dramatically less with snowplow supply, however.

10. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Another dumb question, can you move the boxes when they are delivered or do you need a forklift!? I'm just trying to figure everything out. My garage's driveway is off of a 2 lane busy street that really can't be blocked by a truck. I was hoping that another person and I can move them from the front to the back between garages LOL. ...now that you have my life story

11. dilligafdog

dilligafdog Member

a fork lift would be real easy if you have access to one. you can slide the pallet across the floor but as far as lifting it off the truck you better get more help. i bought a boss 9'2" v plow it came on two pallets the blade on one, but it looked like there was more than one blade on the pallet, the blade was in half's. the other pallet had evey thing else from the truck mount to the plow frame.:salute:

12. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Sounds like people are just gonna have to get over a blocked road for a bit huh!? Thanks

13. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

PLM, you were saying nearest dealer over 100 miles away, and thats for fisher right, you should just go with the boss and get the trip edge, almost the same as the fisher. Having the dealer close is convenient.

14. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

The boss is over 100. The fisher is about 200.

15. sharpercut

sharpercut Junior Member
    from MD

I always buy from CPW. Their prices are usually the best for snow plows and spreaders. They also have some price discounts, if you talk ot them on the phone. We are ordering 5 more spreaders and they gave us a bigger discount. The local dealer was like 15-20% more (not including the discount). I would highly recommend them to anyone.

16. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Like everyone else said, its does come in parts. I got 2 pallets, one with the blade and the other with everything from the frame to the truck side mount. I had it all done in one night!

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Look at it this way....lets say the average plow weight's 850lbs and it come's on only two pallet's.This mean's those pallets are gonna be HEAVY! Better eat your Wheatie's of your planning to lift them by hand.

18. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

I just had an 810 installed by SnowPlowSupply.com

I drove from St. Louis up to Chicago to have it put on. They got my truck at 9am and had me out by 3pm. I think they did a very professional job installing. Everyone was very nice and patient with me despite that the scheduled install date was the day of the Midwest's first real snow this year and they were swamped busy. (Glad I set up the install that day rather than the next:))

Price was right and service was great. Recommend

19. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I tried posting a reply yesterday but it didnt take, sorry. But I got my 8.6 Fisher Extreme V SS out the door, installed and tax for just under $5150.00 so IMO thats not such a great deal. As far as Timbren's, I dont see why you would need a lift kit, those Timbren's work on everything else. That plow is pretty heavy, we have an 06 F250SD with snow plow prep which includes the heavier 5200lb front coil springs and I was thinking of using Timbren's but the truck only squats down about an inch or two so they would be useless for me.

20. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Just an update. I have several quotes and SnowPlowSupply is the cheapest. They are really great people to talk to. So far, I would highly recommend them. If I had my money transferred already it would have shipped today!