1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought A Plow For The Tundra

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by VolvoL60F, Jan 13, 2015.

1. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

So I bought a new Snowdogg MD80 for my 2010 Toyota Tundra, it's a 5.7L V8 4x4, with a leveling kit. I had bought the plow in the beginning of December last year, but the push plates were backordered for a month. I finally got it Monday, and it happened to be snowing that day! Got to use it the same day!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So far I love the plow, I couldn't be happier. Since I got it, I've changed the height of the lights to sit up higher. When the plow was raised and angled it would block one of the lights. And I want to get rid of those ugly stickers on the blade!

2. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Unfortunately when I was out plowing driveways, half the deflector snapped off from the blade. In my opinion the material for the deflector is way too stiff. I brought it back to the dealer, and they ordered a replacement under warranty. They said it was a defective one, and that rarely ever happens. Driving it home it was flaying all over the place, and I sure got some good looks from people lol. So until I get the new one, some zip ties will have to do :mechanic:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

looks good nice zip ties :)

4. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Looking good!

5. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

Nice truck, chilling in SoPo!

That looks like my deflector, covered in zip ties. Who said it was not a common issue? When I was searching high and low for my plow I saw more used plows with cracked deflectors than not. It's not a good material to use. Otherwise, the plow is great.

If you didn't see my post on storing the jack, take a look.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=159846

6. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

Nice looking set up. Also great job on the deflector stitches. :)

7. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks guys

JSutter101: That's a cool idea for the jack, I might do that with mine. Cool to see you're in Standish, I'm in Waterboro! The guy at Yankee Customs in South Portland said it was too stiff of a material, but I'm assuming the next one will snap off in no time too.

8. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good! I want to get a snow-way for my 11 f150. Waiting till warranty is over.

9. Arod25

Arod25 Junior Member
    from Ny

Looks awesome nice truck. How does the blow scrape? Backdrag?

10. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

Could you post close up picks of just the snow dog mount? I've been thinking about the snow dog also but wanted to see what the trucks front end looks like when the plow is not on. Thanks!

11. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Looks good and nice truck. That storm monday was weird now I'm nervous when they say flurries haha.

12. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup, good luck this winter

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The truck and plow look great. Good luck with it. How do you like the Snow Dogg so far?

14. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks! I have a guy at work that is waiting for his warranty to end on his F150 too. Sucks it voids the warranty.

Thanks. The blade scrapes very well, and backdrags pretty well too for light plow. The only problem I have is the blade jumping because the edge is still new, so I dropped the plow on dry pavement while going 35mph to round it off more. Works better!

I'll take a photo of it tomorrow! It's not the best looking mount, it sticks out like a sore thumb because it's really low. But I don't mind it

Thanks! Haha same here, Monday they said flurries, and it turned out to be 3 inches

Thanks

Thanks. I like it a lot so far, except for their deflectors lol

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  15. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The deflectors get brittle in cold temps. Some rubber works better, also the trip springs will relax after a few uses and trip less violently. You can also adjust the sspring if it's really bad
    I'm already missing my Snowdogg

16. gmcsirrra

gmcsirrra Member
    from maine

looks great that mount though would drive me crazy because it drops down so far that's why I like fisher because it doesn't drop down it all but that's my own preference good luck with it and hopefuly we get some more snow so you can break it in my plow hasn't seen much this year its depressing

17. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

Looks good! just traded my tundra this past fall. Definitely the best built 1/2 ton on the road.

18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The mount on the truck is one of the biggest reasons I didn't go with a 7.5' Snow Dogg V. Fisher has the best truck side mount IMO.

19. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Sorry it took till today to post these, but I was out plowing yesterday. As you can see the mount hangs down a lot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

It doesn't really bother me much, yet anyway lol. I would have loved to get a Fisher, but all they would put on it is that small junk HT model. Wasn't what I was looking for. But yea hopefully we get some serious snow already!