1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought a new/used plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by GK1, Feb 2, 2014.

1. GK1

GK1 Junior Member

I bought a used 8' Fisher X blade stainless. I was told it is a 2008. From what I hear it's a pretty good plow. I paid 2700.00 plus 1700.00 for new brackets, labor, and some wireing. Total cost of plow installed 4400.00. It has signs of wear, but still looks pretty good. Any thoughts on my purchase?? I noticed the perpendicular hydrolic cylinder all of the sudden looks like it may have a small leak because the front of the cylinder looks a bit moist.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Seems a bit high. The seal kit for lift ram is pretty cheap.
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

It doesn't really matter if it was high or fair, you already bought it, re-hashing it over and over in your head is just a mind-****. Just take your "new" plow and go make some money with it!
  4. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Agreed. It's amazing that there are more people who join to ask if they got a good deal instead of asking before they buy.

Yes you did pay too much but it's too late. Run the plow and have someone watch the ram to see what's going on. Then go make some money!

However buying a plow this late in a season would make me think it's your first plow and you don't plow for money.
  5. GK1

GK1 Junior Member

I actually bought it back in the beginning of November. I've been landscaping and doing residential snow removal for 13 years and decided to finally take the plunge into commercial plowing this year. I just found out about this site so I just figured I'd get an opinion from the pros, on my purchase.
  6. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

That's the going rate for that plow. Truck sides new aren't cheap.
  7. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Buying used normally works well if it comes with the mount/wiring you need and install it yourself.

Buying used plowsides and buying new truck sides gets expensive quick.