1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought a new Tractor!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by merrimacmill, Sep 14, 2009.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Well, I bought it back in April, but I keep forgetting to post pictures of it here. I bought it brand new in April this year, and now have a little over 100 hours on it. I am purchasing a 7.5' Boss skid steer plow for it. Its a new Kubota of the L40 series with the grand L cab. I'm excited to start pushing snow with her this year! Here is some pictures from delivery day, she is now all lettered up with the company name and website.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good, good luck with it.
  3. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Looks nice....and orange. Any plans for an inverted blower in the back?
  4. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

5. merrimacmill

from MA

Yup, L3240HSTC with the 713 (?) loader I believe.
  6. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Nice, how many ponies?
  7. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Nice kubota, did you keep the Deere?
  8. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice machine man. thatll be like night and day compared to the deere.
  9. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Looked to me like the L5740 for a sec! Vary nice machine tho :salute:

Didn't anyone tell you NOT to compare apples to oranges? LOL :D

OMG hes BACK!!! xysport
  10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice tractor, that will be alot better than that little John Deere IMO.
  11. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Did you get down to the Snow and Ice expo this year? There was a companythere with a Kage plow/pusher system that looked pretty interesting to me. They have a setup specifically for the Kubota L40 series. Maybe you could get a demo? http://www.kageinnovation.com/tractor.php
  12. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Forgot to add: Nice Tractor!!
  13. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I was there i saw looks pretty interesting the 9 ft blade with the kage is $5,750 with out a cross over relife valve
  14. TNLsnowman

TNLsnowman Inactive

KAGE system

My name is Justin and I am the general manager for The Natural Landscape Snow & Ice Division. We are the distributor for Kage for all of New England. That was our booth at the Expo in Marlborough, MA. Just to clarify, all Kage models that we sell come with the crossover relief valve standard and they are already included in the price. For example the 9' model is $5750 with relief valve icluded. Please visit our website www.thenaturallandscape.com/winterto learn more about us or to contact us with any questions about the product. We would be happy to arrange a demo for your machine. Thanks for yout interest.
  15. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Nice setup and good luck this winter.
  16. TNLsnowman

TNLsnowman Inactive

Thanks! We are brand new to this site so I look forward to learning, networking and getting some feedback on our product.
  17. plowdog

plowdog Member
    from MN

Very nice tractor!! Once you drive that you won't go back to a truck. I have to ask, why such a small blade for a big tractor?
  18. merrimacmill

from MA

Thanks, its only 32 HP so I think 7.5 is as big as I would want to go. Its got a six foot bucket that has no problem pushing through 5-6 yard piles of dirt, so I figure a 7.5' blade, pushing a few inches of snow, windrowing, with the tires filled and a ballast box shouldn't be any problem at all. I'm really looking forward to plowing with it. I'm installing a 2 way radio in it next week to add into our system with the trucks and office.

Here is a picture of my new shop from ontop of my pallet racks that I store the plows and salters on, and another of the tractor moving some sod pallets.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  19. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

What is one of those bad boys worth????
  20. merrimacmill

from MA

I paid around 28,700 for the tractor with the cab, loader, filled R4 tires, and 72" HD bucket. Not to bad, I find it a lot of machine fore the money.