1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought a new (to me) plow last night.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Holland, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Finally found a plow for the new truck. Wider than i wanted but i'm still happy with the purchase. Western Ultramount 8 1/2ft Pro. Needs paint but it has a new harness and handheld controller and comes with a new cutting edge and hoses. Gonna pick it up next week and start getting it ready! Big upgrade from my old ST 7.5 meyer!! Thumbs Up

2. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Picked it up last night. Mounts are going to need work since he modified them to work with a lift kit. Then its time to tear it down and prep for paint. Thumbs Up Pics to come!

3. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

anythings better than a meyers.

4. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Other than freezing up once, the old meyer never let me down once in 3 years! Then again, I dont plow a whole lot either! Excited for the western though, Wanted an ultramount for along time!

5. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Well the harness was new but turned out to be a 9 pin harness with a relay setup for an 02. Which as some of you probably already know has headlights that are switch on the neg side compared to my 03 which is switched on the pos side. Little time spent with wiring diagrams and a little playing with the harness and its working great! Didn't have to cut a single wire! Been nice to have an isolation module setup, but this will work out nice too. My buddies plow is a 9 pin ultra too so now we can use each others plow if need be!

6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Agreed. I'm pretty sure I can fab up a plow that's better than a Meyer.

7. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Yea i've heard horror stories. I either lucked out or kept it maintained right because other than freezing up once i never had an issue in 3 years!

Glad to move into a western tho, was tired of hooking up the ez(ish)-classic mount! That and the extra foot wide will be nice! :D