1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought a new to me 2011 gm 2500hd now what kind of blade do I put on it???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rampking, Jul 26, 2012.

1. rampking

rampking Junior Member

Well guys what are you all running on your rigs? What kind of issues have ya had? Do you wish you had something different?

I am trying to do some research before the purchase. I've never owned a truck with a blade on. I usually just operate loaders and backhoes. The blades were always Craig.....so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again everyone!

Rampking

2. Kwing1120

Kwing1120 Member

i think it will depend on whats available in your area. dealer support is huge. I would find out whats close by and post back the options. make sure the dealer is open during storms 24/7 and things like that.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Boss v plow 9.2 will do,

4. rampking

rampking Junior Member

Well as much as I would like to have a v plow, I really don't need one, and they are quite a bit more expensive. I am thinking 8.5 straight blade. We have in my area Fischer,western,sno way, basically everything. So which one is gonna give me the least headaches?
    Want quality build, easy connect/disconnect, long lasting,light, etc.
    What are you newer chev/gm owners operating?

Thanks

Rampking

5. grandview

Did you know you can make a v plow plow like a straight plow?

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

What kind of areas are you plowing. A western pro plus would be a good choice.

7. rampking

rampking Junior Member

Grand view, seriously man come on....

I have two strip malls that are roughly the same size as football field. Then I have two more smaller lots(home hardware).
    Plus I do about 10-15 residentials.

I use 2 loader backhoes with a 10 foot Craig blade as well for the bigger lots

Rampking

8. grandview

Really how much of a difference between a straight and v plow?

9. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

I have the same truck with a boss 9'2" VXT I love it

10. Holland

Holland Senior Member

x2 on the western. Lot of them running around here and not much for complaints.

11. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Once you go V you never go back !!

12. RDWheeler

RDWheeler Junior Member

I just bought an 08 2500HD and also a 9'2 Boss V... The price was right, otherwise I would have probably stayed with a straight blade.

13. Squires

Squires Senior Member

14. You got that right!!!! I had straight blades for over 30 years. I bought this used EZV and I will never have another straight blade.

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Craig makes a very nice blade. I don't care what you plow. I would never buy a new straight blade. Either go with an expandable wing plow or v plow. Straight blades are old technology they work but there are so many better choices.

16. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Bleed and die yellow, you know what you should do :)

Fisher Xtreme V

17. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

I went from a Boss V,,,back to a straight blade(xblade)simply because the truck I bought was set up for it. Absolutely love the X. Have run Meyer fisher and boss. Have no complaints about either boss or fisher. Meyer however