1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought a new plow Truck?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Puddlejumper, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

Just got a another repairable and decided it would make a good plow truck. Anyone had experience with the 99 1/2 and up body style as plow trucks? I am into her right at $2k (be about 3 with the new transmission) so a little beating is fine.

100_0558a.jpg

100_0559a.jpg

2. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Timbrens and some weight in the bed you'll be fine with 7.5ft. Front hubs drive shaft u joints front axle shaft seals. That's a clean truck how many miles? what motor 5.3?

3. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

yeah

5.3. I am curious about this style and how the mounts hold up over time. It is to new a truck I usually use the early to mid 90s but it seems clean and would be a cheap plow truck to add to the 3 others I have.

4. Mudchevy

Mudchevy Junior Member

I had a 99 gmc 1/2 ton ext cab short box with the 5.3 and I now have a 2000 1/2 ton ext cab short box with the 5.3 and I had my 8' ultra mount on both with no problems except your normal maintenance items like tie rods and brakes.

5. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

Cool,
    This will bring my growing fleet up to 4 trucks. I have a 92 K1500 with a 7.5' Meyer on it. An 89 GMC Suburban with a 7.5' Western on it. I added a Salt Dogg 2 yard salter and am going to add a plow to my 95 GMC 1 Ton Dually. I bought this truck originally as a flip truck. It came with a bad transmission (I drove it back to the shop) but since I have so little into it I figured why not make it my winter driver and put a plow on it. Now all I need is a Skiddy and I am all set for next winter.

6. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

nice truck for the cost !!!

7. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

How many miles/ whats wrong with it when you got it? Id toss 2 k for that truck anyday