1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought a new Hiniker Plow

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by clap, Mar 4, 2010.

1. clap

clap Junior Member

Bought a new Hiniker plow off ebay from a dealer. Won't say who yet! But when it got here it was dark. There own people made the delivery. They had 5 to deliver in my area. Next day went to put everything together and the frame work looked like it was drug behind the truck. I know it is just a piece of equipment but when you pay 3 grand for new it should be in new condition. Have sent them pic's like I was told and now several emails and don't get any responce. Should I call directly to Hiniker and complain or what. I did not ask for a new frame work , all I wanted was some paint to do the repair and a snow deflector (rubber) for my troubles. What do you guys think. Sorry for the rant
    Dave C

2. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Your not out of line at all. I would be upset. If I was paying good money for a piece of equipment and it was new I would want it to look new. Where did you get yours from? What plow? Im looking at hinikers myself for the new truck I got.

3. clap

clap Junior Member

I got it at Rondo truck and Trailer out your way in IL.. It is the 7' homeowner plow. It works great and built very well. Just not happy the way it showed up. I know it's not but it looks used, the way the paint is all torn up.I don't think I am out of line asking for what I did. I could have asked for a new frame work and cost them big money for the shipping.But as far as the plow goes I am glad I got the Hiniker very well made.
    Dave C

4. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

I was just there on Saturday. Im looking at a 8.5 hiniker v. I have buddies with them and they are loving them. Rondo is only an hour from me. Well I wish you luck on your problem. It would really upset me. I am very picky about my equipment and trucks.

5. clap

clap Junior Member

Check them out on ebay there plows are about $500 cheaper there, then deal with them. Talk to Scott or Johnathan in Parts and mention my name maybe that will help me out.Dave Clapper from Pa.

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Hey theres not enought room on this site for 2 claps!

7. clap

clap Junior Member

Hey Ron I wonder if we are related somehow down the line.My dad and his dad's family was all from Yellow Creek a small town about 15 miles from where I live ,Bedford Pa.

8. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I just saw the Treads name, bought a new Hinker Plow!!! I just wanted to say SORRY, and get rid of it!

9. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

I saw those plows on E-bay for pretty good deals. Maybe thats why.