1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought a F250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by EXR, Aug 8, 2011.

1. EXR

EXR Senior Member

Bought a 05 250 reg cab long box. 5.4 118kms on it 10g cert etested and never plowed.

Looked at the 6L but of the 2 I looked at that met my criteria, both had thrown a cel from egr and related problems. How plugged up were they I will never know..I woulda blocked the egr anyway but my buddy a diesel tech told me unless he pulls the egr and cooler out he wont know and stay away..hes done big repairs from this issue.
    Still bugs me, but I figure 5.4 in the reg cab will do fine.
    Some of the condos I do have bitched about my dmax and my buddys 6.0 pstroke plowing in the early am as their previous contractors used gassers..having a gasser should solve that.

Truck comes with the upgraded 6000lb coils in the front and is super stiff with just the 5.4 up there. Hoping to find a 9.5 western mvp for it.

Pick it up Thursday once its cert and etested and will post pics then.
  2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

They've complained about an 08 duramax with stock exhaust? it dosent get much quieter then that! WOW, Whats funny is I've never got a complaint about my 04 turboback sidedump which is stupid loud... Maby its cause the stereo is usually louder then the exhaust HAHAHA
  3. EXR

EXR Senior Member

I think its the combo of the dmax plow, 6pstroke plow and 7.3 pstroke cube van that wakes em up haha