1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought a dump truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Oct 10, 2010.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I bought a 1988 Ford F-350 dump truck. It is 4x4 with the toolboxes behind the cab. 8ft mason dump. It needs some work. But exterior wise it is great interior the floor boards are almost gone. I ordered the floors for $60 a piece. But the tires are almost new. I think I got a great deal on it so. Let me know what you think.
  2. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a beast more details tho?
  3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Not much to say it has 117k on it. runs perfect newer clutch. brakes were done last year. oh also it is a 7.3 idi non-turbo diesel. It is gonna save my gmc from squatting upfront :) any questions?
  4. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

What did you have to give? Does it have a plow? I Just bought a 94 F350 Dump and think I got a deal too not sure tho lol
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Great find LJ. My frind had an 88 or 89 Ford F-350 with a 7.3 International no turbo. It's a realy good engine IMO. What are you planning on hanging off the front?
  6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I paid $1,000 for it. :) I got a deal and that engine has a ton of power couldnt believe it
  7. mercer_me

Where do you find all these great deals? $1,000 is just unreal. I bet you could get $4,000 as it is now.
  8. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

whats the plans for it? plow?
  9. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

wow LJ someone comming back to ford i see.....the truck looks like its got armor plating on the side of the dump bed lol
  10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

A grand? WTF! I never find deals like that.

4x4 anything are somewhat rare down here in the south. Any 1 tons are usually 2wd dually crew cabs with ladder racks or some crap on them.
  11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Want to make $500 real fast? I'll give ya $1500 right now :drinkup:
  12. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Thats right save the work for the real truck :D
  13. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck and an awesome deal!

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

I had almost that same truck. I had a 1989 f 350 dump with the 7.3 in it. One word of advice PLUG IT IN ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!. It is a beast and no amount of snow can slow it down. I had a 9 foot blade on it, with a salter in the box and it could go through a building.
  15. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

A 7.3 IDI with 117K is nothing. That motor will last a long time, put a turbo on it, will make a HUGE difference and can get it done really cheap.

And $1k is a STEAL, you could easily get $4k-$5k out of that arond me
  16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Yep it is real I paid $1,000 for it. It seems like a bear already. I am taking the bed off due to a small hairline crack in the lift hoist due to dumping on a hill by previous owner. So I am taking it off gonna have it cleaned and painted hopefully. Then I will move onto the floors of the truck put new in throw a new rubber floor in it and call it a day. I am not quit sure whether or not it will see a plow this winter or not. But the story also is I seen the truck sitting in ballston spa ny along side the road all summer. They wanted $4,000 and it was kinda rough so I passed on it. I noticed they gave up selling it and pulled it next to there garage so a few days ago I went and looked at another 7.3 dump and on my way back it was sitting next to the garage for sale with the ppl there. I asked them how much they said $1,100 I asked where the keys were jumped in started with no issue, everything worked fabulously so I said $1,000 cash now I will take it. So I bought it
  17. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

Check brake lines, fuel, tank, pump etc they rust out fast. Stop the rust or the truck won't last two years. Nice find!
  18. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

brake lines new fuel tank is new, sending unit is newer.
  19. mercer_me

You will probably have to paint the inside of them storage boxes. They will rust out realy fast.

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

I drove pass that truck two to three times a day that is a steal. Was that the truck on route 9 south of saratoga?