1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought a dump truck but don't know what plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cleankut, Nov 30, 2011.

1. cleankut

cleankut Junior Member
    from Toledo

Hello Everyone!
    I have recently purchased a 1986 4x4 international s1800, 1854. It had the plow brackets on it. I am having trouble finding out what A-Frame I need to use, or just a plow setup in general. I see lots of single axle dump trucks like mine use a 10ft plow. I am having trouble finding a site that sells the frame for the undercarriage of the truck, and If I do purchase a frame, are they universal or plow specific? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Pictures.

Welcome to Plowsite:waving:

3. cleankut

cleankut Junior Member
    from Toledo

pictures

pictures are attachments

Resampled_2011-11-26_14-46-41_976.jpg

Resampled_2011-11-26_14-46-55_209.jpg

4. cleankut

cleankut Junior Member
    from Toledo

more info

It is a 4x4 it has the 2 brackets. It has a 9.5 foot dump bed. 9 liter diesel, if any of that helps.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Nice looking truck. That class truck could have had any of a large number of manufacturers plows on it. Flink, Hi-Way, Good Roades, Henderson, Monroe, It might have been a Meyer Axle mount, the list continues. I am guessing it is a 18K GVW truck? close to the limits of a BOSS or Western HW, neither of which would fit those mounts. Your choices are a equipment graveyard search or a new unit. There are lots of units for that type truck in the various surplus dealer inventories and yes most of them are 10 foot or better.

6. coyote

coyote Member
    from montana

Nice looking truck. Check out equipment4u.net. They have a good road blade listed under miscellaneous.

7. AMS77

AMS77 Senior Member
    from 43964

Try Adelman truck parts in Canton Ohio they have a lot of old state trucks.www.adelmans.com

8. cleankut

cleankut Junior Member
    from Toledo

Ok I will check those sites out, and thanks Basher for all the input!

9. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Do any close ups of the mounts? I can't quite see them. They may be Falls.

10. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

The brackets on the front don't appear to be plow mounts to me. Usually a truck of that size, the front bumper is removed and plow hitch welded on. Are you sure the truck carried a plow in the past?

11. cleankut

cleankut Junior Member
    from Toledo

No actually I am not 100% sure it was a plow truck. It actually has little levers up front that appear to be glad hands, under the front bumper, so possibly the brackets were hooked up for another attachment. Maybe a sweeper.

12. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

The more I look at the pics and the size (height from ground) of the truck it is very unlikely it had a plow on it. Usually trucks of that size would have lights fixed on the bumpers or on brackets.

13. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

I see youre from Toledo, swing up to Buck & Knobby, they have a few highway plows with mounts. They are at the first or second exit across the border on US23 The blades are located at the north end of the lot past the semi trailers.

http://buckandknobby.com/

14. cleankut

cleankut Junior Member
    from Toledo

Thank you sir.