1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bought 1st cans, where should I use this stuff?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by BC Handyman, Dec 13, 2012.

1. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I'll start off this thread by saying I've never tried this product. I'm from Canada, so I can't get a free sample & even though I've wanted to try it for a few years I never have due to the price here in Canada. I only learned of this product existance & it's uses from this site. Untill today the price here has always been $15-$25 per can(normaly $20 at most places)

But just the other day in the flyer I saw that Lordco has the cans on sale untill Dec 31 for only $9.99 !!! Well I've never seen it that low of a price so I bought 2 cans(all I can get right now) I hope to be able to buy a few more cans before the sale is over. I wish it was this price all the time so I could use it more since so many guys swear by it.

So I guess my queston is now that I got 2 cans is: With all its possible uses what should I use my 2 cans on? I got tools, equipment, vehicles ect. I got new stuff, old stuff. I'm torn on what I should use it on, where would you use it first?

Picture 1816.jpg

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Not sure where you should use it....but any moving part that dosent have grease zerks is a start.

A little goes a long way....it seems by changing the tip out with one from a spray paint can(finer mist) conserves material.

3. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

everywhere except the bedroom. Dano said it shouldn't be used as a personal lubricant...

4. BC Handyman

Now you tell me:blush2: So my new Hiniker does not have grease zerks, should I give all the moving parts a coat? what about the chrome rams? I know I'm suppost to grease them, so should/can I use FF on them? I did already spray my favorite hammer & some of the salt spreader frame.

5. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

if you have any squeaky door hinges FF works great on that too.(just the smell lingers for a few days)

if you get bored get 2 plain tack nails and a clear glass jar. Make a salt water solution. Put FF all over one nail and not the other. drop both into the solution.

6. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

Just the other day I pulled every single pin on my plow and coated them with FF to prevent them from ever seizing. I have the 1 gal. can of it, i just apply it with a paintbrush. works great. Also coated the entire salter with it

7. BC Handyman

All right, I sprayed all the hinge areas on the plows as well as the rams & pins. Now what? I dont got enough to do too much, already went though 1/2 can I think.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  8. m_ice

m_ice Junior Member

I just tried this product for the first time this week and so far my opinion is that it is a good product. I sprayed all the plows and salters. I ran out so off to get more but from what I have seen so far its not going to hurt to spray a bunch of other stuff. Hope the long term is as good as the immediate impact it had on me.

9. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

I love the Fluid Film website. It list many different uses for their product. So I'm reading down the list of all the normal suspects to apply Fluid Film to and it says Pooper Scooper? Seriously? Spray it with Fluid Film and sh_ _ don't stick to it. :laughing:

10. osmond.mark

osmond.mark Junior Member
    from Canada

I am from Canada as well, here locally the cans normally retail for $15 but I have access to the gallon cans for $75. Might be something to check into if you plan on using a bit of it.

11. tsut

tsut Member
    from NE Ohio

Woo Hoo! Now my wife (trainer of our three dogs (big dogs) can be a believer in FF! She said great, lets try it. Soon!

12. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

FLUID FILM CORROSION PROTECTION 11.75OZ AEROSOL 12-PACK

http://www.shopfarmandcity.com/

Usually buy a case or two of 12 a year from them for $84

Use it on the trucks salters plows and when drilling metal.

13. BC Handyman

Hmmm drilling metal, didn't think of that & I don't have any drilling lube, does it work good for drilling lube? does it smoke or smell worse?

Good case price, but shipping would kill the good price for me(if they even ship).

14. Kubota 8540

I bought from them thru ebay and that price included FREE shipping. $84 to my door.

15. Grassman09

It does smoke yes doesn't smell any worse. Cutting fluid stinks. Used to have to thread pipe when I worked at Home Depot. Messy job too. Never hurts to ask what they will charge to ship to Can. How close are you to the US border? I have a address in the US I send stuff to then go grab it.

Canada post is off there rockers. My cousin wanted to get a model car shipped from Canada to Germany the seller quoted him $200.00 via Canada post. He found one on ebay in the us and shipping was only $25. Shipping weight was only 5 or 10 pounds..

OMG me too.. I used to buy from Kelly sport i think was the other ebayer. These Iowa guys ship fast.

16. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I just bought a 1 gallon can. I'm thinking I should have grabbed a 5 gallon pail.

I put it in a pain/primer gun with a large nozzle and I spray the wheel wells and underside of my trucks. The slush and snow crap doesn't even stick on. It keeps the truck cleaner and lighter. I also spray down the plow blade front and back in addition to the plow frame. I've been accused of running the truck through the car wash mid storm because nothing sticks.

17. Kubota 8540

Fired up the V box spreader the other day. After 28 years of V boxes, this was the best and cleanest start up of all. Chain looks and acts better than new, but I should have paid a little better attention to the spinner and spinner shaft. (but that was my over sight) Fluid Film coating looked just like it did the day I sprayed it. Completely impressed with this product, have not reached for penetrating oils or silicones since I bought this stuff. Might as well chunk all the other stuff in the dumpster. That should give me 3 feet of new shelf space.

18. OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

www.undercoatmycar.ca

Check out the site below. Their Fluid Film prices are more reasonable ( $8.99 can) and they ship from Canada with low shipping costs. They shipped to me by Purolator.
    http://www.undercoatmycar.ca/

19. jimslawnsnow

jimslawnsnow PlowSite Fanatic
    from mn

I have used it all over. When working with sand salt mix I get sand in the zipper of my coats. It makes the zipper go up and down very hard. A good coating of FF will turn it back to normal again.

20. Grassman09

I used a electric airless paint sprayer to coat the drag chain on my vbox. Worked excellent. Better then air compressor and gun.