1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bottomed out frt end

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 87Jimmy, Nov 15, 2008.

1. 87Jimmy

87Jimmy Junior Member

What could I do about the frt end of my 87 FS Jimmy, when I lift up my plow the frt completely bottoms out. Are there some kind of coil springs that I could use to help.

2. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

Get a set of 3/4 ton front springs and mount those. Or maybe a set of timbrens. Just my .02 worth.

3. 87Jimmy

87Jimmy Junior Member

Thanks I think I will get a set of those timbrens.

4. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

i would put 3/4 ton springs on it and timbrens. just a better package

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of plow are we talking here? You may need a bigger truck or smaller plow

6. 87Jimmy

87Jimmy Junior Member

The plow is a 7.5' Meyers poly classic mount on a 87 Fullsize jimmy 4x4

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

73-87-91 solid axle trucks dont realy have beffy stock springs. only option is to find stock springs and add them to your spring pack. as thay are tapered leaf and the more you add the more weight but still decent ride. and only stock option over yours with 2 leaf would be 3 leaf. i have seen some guys add 4-5 total. or get a 2-3-4" lift kit and get the hd spring option on the pack. tuff country is the best for ride and hd front springs.

http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/TuffCountry.htm just call them up and ask any questions. or ask me . thay have great service and prices. i have a set of 4" hd springs in my truck and only drop 1/2" with my fisher raised up.

8. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

You can just add a leaf to your front springs, I have a 85 Chev K10 with a 7.6 Fisher and I had three leafs up front and they worked well and no timberens. Then this summer I installed a 2.5" Superlift suspension kit and the new springs held the plow better than stock, the truck only dropped down 1" with the blade raised.

9. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

dittos- had an extra leafs added to my 87 yrs ago, worked great