1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boston Blizzard '05

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Go Pats, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Go Pats

Go Pats Junior Member

31" thats not a drift! Pats up 24-3!

A Dump at Night 800x600.JPG

A two trucks 1 800x600.JPG

A Buried Cars 600x800.JPG

A Tape Measurer 390x520.JPG

2. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Hell ya man, what a storm. We had 33" here in my area also. Mounds of snow over 10 feet from people piling up snow. I also have about 7-10' drifts in my back yard. One hell of a storm. Supposed to be another one coming on wednesday, but nothing like this one. Even at this hour, the MAIN roads are still full with about 2-5 inches of snow

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

How do you stay ahead of a storm like that? My run is only 5 hours and I don't know if I could keep up. I have large lots and they are the worst.

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

with a storm that hits that fast you cant keep ahead. most customers realize this. When you do finally plow, you just need to let customers know that it is going to be expensive, because room runs out real quick to pile snow, so they need to pay to get rid of it. here everyone had problems keeping up with just 1 ft, including the cities and state plowers.

5. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Not the biggest storm in New England...

6. Go Pats

Go Pats Junior Member

It helps when there are no cars on the roads or in my lots. This storm was a killer, but it definitely came at a good time. payup