1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss's new cutting edge

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by payton, Nov 21, 2006.

1. payton

payton Senior Member

whats everyone thing about them?

i just picked a set up today.
    and wondering what you guys who already have them think?

2. BobC

BobC Senior Member

Looks like install is not fun calls for removing 1/2 from blade edge?
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

??? On what model?

They should bolt right on any RTIII with no modifications.

I put a set on my RTII that took a little modd...
    I have only used mine once so far this year. I like them as there thicker than the old edges.
  4. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Love em. No more stupid shoes and rubber puck. Ran mine for a whole season last year.

Before you grind your 1/2" off check and see if they fit first. I only had to grind 1 wing and SnoFarmer, mine is a RT3.
  5. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

What new edge is this?? Can someone show me what your talking about???

Sorry just figured out what this is...........V- Blades!!!!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  6. BobC

BobC Senior Member

The 1/2 grind off is per BOSS not me. I was sent the info from Boss and the grind includes RTIII per info they sent me. File exceeds size forum allows. I would be happy to attach to email of interested people or email Boss
  7. BobC

BobC Senior Member

View attachment BOSS EDGE.txt Boss Info is hopefully attatched. Image and directions are over the 100 size limit of forum. I received the info from Boss as email with a pdf attatched which explained the proceedure
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  8. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Our guys seem to like them, we have two of them with the new edge and one old one. The new ones do a much better job, there heavier and they have the curb guard on them. GOOD STUFF! oh ya, and no more of that stupid rubber cone in the center.
  9. payton

payton Senior Member

yeah the new blads look great. i just replaced my wings on my 8'2 and upgraded to the new cutting edge and it looks so much better. and i loved being able to return my rubber hoof back to the shop. dont have a need for that anymore.. woo woo

DELBERT Member

I hit a man hole cover and cracked a foot long chunk outa my cutting edge on my v -blade plowing sucked the rest of that night but next day bought the new cutting edges they are real nice took the plastic rubber boot and through it in my wood stove so I had heat while I put the new edges on no mods on my plow they bolted right on
  11. diggerbauman

diggerbauman Junior Member

Cutting edge

I purchased a set for my 6 year old 8'2 poly V. The only directions I recieved was to trim the poly off in s straight line where it dips in the middle of the blades. This info about grinding a 1/2 is a bit disconcerting...
  12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What model RTII or an RTIII?

You have to trim the ploy or do you need to gring/cut/trim the new edge?