1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by slim_blevins, Dec 2, 2012.

1. slim_blevins

slim_blevins Junior Member
    from ohio

a buddy of mine has an 06 chevy with a v plow and he bought the truck with the plow on it. and they removed his factory tow hook and installed a metal bracket that houses his plow plug in i dont know what its called or where to get one. my boss dealer said hes never seen one.
  2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Theres parts posters on the Boss website:
    #70 Control Harness Mouting Bracket- Part #- MSC03813
    #71 Power/Ground Cable Mounting Bracket - Part #- MCS09097
  3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Or you can be like what seems like most people and just lay the connectors up inside the bumper.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just an FYI- It isn't wise to run it without the tow hooks in place. They help backup the mounting hardware by spreading the load out better over the frame horn area. When run with just a nut and washer (inside the rails) they tend to tear the frame open. You can build a backup plate to tie the three mounting points together but ultimately it's simpler and easier to just use the OEM tow hooks to accomplish the same thing. Then just run the plow cables out through the slot in the bumper as previously mentioned.