1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss XT straight blade

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 06HD BOSS, Aug 12, 2007.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

The new Boss XT only comes in a V-blade . . . until today.
    Got bored and tried to imagine what it would look like in a straight blade....

NewBoss.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How much are you charging?:D

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

They do have it in a straight blade. I am looking at the spec sheet right now from Boss, and I will read it to you:

It comes in 8 foot, 8.5 ft, and 9 ft
    The blade height is 32"
    Blade thickness is 11 gauge
    The cutting edge is 1/2"x 8" high performance
    Reinforcement ribs are 7 vertical, 2 diagonal
    4 trip springs
    Angle cylinders: 1-1/2"x 10"
    2 shock absorbers/3 rd shock optional
    Smartch Hitch 2
    Plow weight ranges from 776lbs for the 8ft to 831lbs for the 9 ft

And no, it does not look like the one you made 06HD BOSS. Looks like a regular ole straight blade that is just taller and bigger cutting edge

4. 06HD BOSS

Trade for one of those melon juicing seminars we talked about the other day.
    Yeah ive seen that one advertised, actual a boss rep emailed me that spec sheet and pics. I like it better with the gull winged look though!:D

And i dont know why Boss hasnt updated their website...the plow's been around for about a year now.

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That is a sweet plow you made 06. I'm a Fisher guy, but I'd buy that in a second!

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I do agree 06HD BOSS, that plow would look 100 times better with the gull winged look. Maybe someone on here will feel a little creative and make some for the plow:rolleyes:

7. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

That is pretty cool looking but what is the point of it in a straight blade? I didn't not even know they made it in a straight. Rich

8. 06HD BOSS

They dont really make it like that...the V is the one with the flared wings, the straight blade version is just the same as any straight blade.
    I could use those flares though to throw snow back on some of the long passes i make... just like some of the highway dept's straight blades that are flared.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  9. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Looks similar to the Blizzard straight blades. They are some what flared on the ends.

10. Quality SR

I got it now. It looks good. What do they go for?

11. 06HD BOSS

Not sure about the straight, but from what i hear the V's are going between $5400-$5800

12. Quality SR

Wow. That is alot. Grandview was saying you can buy the mold board and put it on a Boss V, rather then buying the whole plow. It seems like now a days, it is better to do it that way or used you know? How are the Boss hydraulics? I don't know anyone that has them. I was always curious. Is it true they don't stack that high? Rich

13. 06HD BOSS

In my opinion the Boss hydros are the best in the industry. Ive operated every brand except Blizzard and nothing else can even come close to the speed of the Boss. I know Fisher and Western just came out with faster hydros for their new models, not sure how fast they are compared to the Boss, but i can tell you the Boss has the fastest hydros ive ever used. Ive got a video on my home computer i can upload later to show you.
    As for stacking, the plow only stacks as high as the ram can lift it. If you get yourself a nice grade to start pushing up you can get a decent pile. This is the only pic i have of a pile, which isnt too good because its from one of those sleet storms...light fluffy snow can stack pretty high. That pile's about 6 feet.

06hd.JPG

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I couldn't agree more, Boss's hydraulics have been one of the best systems out there ever since Boss started out. Their speed and reliability are top notch.

15. 06HD BOSS

16. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Yeah, that's really fast!

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I know with my boss vee I have I can stack piles at most 10 feet if I can get a good grade going first and if it is the poweder snow. Once you go boss you never go back.

Ryan

18. Quality SR

That is fast. I always check out different plows on the website. They always knock Boss, " no electrical components to fail", " you cant short chain the plow", etc. I never spoken to anyone who used them. I know when i get my truck i am going Western b/c there is a dealer like 3 miles from me. LOL. If Boss was closer i would go with them. Nice looking plow by the way. Rich

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There are no Boss dealers near us at all. I saw one at the Landscape show 2 years ago and was very impressed.

Maybe I should become a dealer??

20. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

The straight blade Boss XT's go for $4700-$4900 installed. They also have a little more curl to them than the regular straight blades. The gull wings on a straight blade is mainly for HIGH SPEED plowing (like the DOT's). But that pic was pretty cool. Good work!!