1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss wont raise

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by meyer22288, Jan 13, 2015.

1. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

at work we have a 7'6'' boss superduty rt3 straight blade mounted to a 2008 chevy Silverado 1500. my boss calls me during the storm last night saying his plow wont raise. pulled it in the shop today heres what I find. plow will angle left and right no problem. lowers no issues. when I go to raise it the motor runs and it wants to raise but wont move. first thing I do is check plug and all connections/grounds all are good. i removed the valve for raise/lower and for angle and switched them with no luck. i then just for the hell of it put the plow in float and hit the powerhitch switch up a couple times. after that plow went up without issues. turned truck off and back on plow wouldn't move till i hit the powerhitch switch again. after doing that a few times plow now seems to work fine. i know something is wrong i just have no experience with boss plows. any ideas on what to look for and how to solve the issue.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Did you check the fluid?

3. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i did fluid looked good

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

For grins, take the little booty off the switch and squirt some lube in there and work it a few times. Might just have gotten frozen.

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

the plow acted up again this storm. Monday im going to tear into it. any ideas on what to look for past whats been mentioned. :help:

6. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

7. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I'd say if you know how to, test the motor. Had the same thing happen where it angled fine but it started going up slow and then didn't go up at all. After it stopped going up i dropped it unhooked it and went to finish salting came back hooked it up and went to my dealer And it was a quick fix new motor

8. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

snowplower1 did the motor still run and the plow not raise like mine?

thank you maxwellp im printing that out now.

9. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Also look at the pins where the controller plugs in. Those can back out. I have never seen it but have read stories about it.

10. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Um i really am not sure. I'm sorry that was last year so I can't quite remember