1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss wiring on 13 Chevy hd

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by grosser397, Nov 14, 2014.

1. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

Hey guys I have done a bunch of boss installs but this the first on a new body Chevy. I just want to see where everyone recommends I mount the solenoid? Pics would be greatly appreciated

2. jerpa

jerpa Member

My dealer installed mine to the support to the right of the battery. Whether that's best I will leave to others.

2014-11-14 14.26.57.jpg

3. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

That's where I was thinking too. Only decent spot

4. ProperLandscape

ProperLandscape Member

Weingartz mounted mine to the plastic radiator shroud, not an ideal spot in my opinion. I'll get some photos tomorrow morning.

5. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I spent two weeks trying to decide where to put it on my '15. For some reason I can't find pictures of it now, will need to find or retake. But, I used some angle iron to mount to the lip of the firewall where the cross support bolts on.

6. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

I went to where the support next to batter mounts to the fire wall seems to be a good spot. Next question any ideas for a keyed power source under the dash?